Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bulb has gone and its a inner wheel arch off job to replace :( However I need to buy the right bulb but am not sure what type I have. Can you tell from these photos? They look a little like xenons, with a white light but I am not sure. Or are they standard lights with upgraded bulbs?

IMG_20151201_100646 by Ross, on Flickr

IMG_20151201_100654 by Ross, on Flickr

IMG_20151201_100659 by Ross, on Flickr

·
**Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,856 Posts
If you mean are they halogen or Bi-xenon it would appear they are halogen type.

Just read your post again. You'll need to pull the bulbs to see if they are standard or not. The arch liner is pretty easy to remove.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,938 Posts

·
**Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,856 Posts
If you aren't sure of the vehicles history would be good to check and confirm that an aftermarket HID conversion has not been fitted. If the bulbs do turn out to be stock I can recommend the OSRAM nightbreaker range of bulbs which I used previously on another vehicle. Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
163 Posts
Datacard will tell you..

Looks like you have headlight washers, if there is no headlight aim adjustment next to your lights on/off switch they could be factory hid xenons as the adjustment is automatic

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Right, sorted it. bit of a PITA! Wheel off, inner arch out to do it. You can leave the wheel in place but don't, its just less of a struggle with the wheel out of the way. Took about 45 mins but the next time it'll be under 30 I reckon. H7 bulbs fitted, now the other one has gone! Grrr...

PS: If you see the guy who designed it like this, give him a slap from me!!

·
**Registered 2009 SLK200
5,870 Posts
Right, sorted it. bit of a PITA! Wheel off, inner arch out to do it. You can leave the wheel in place but don't, its just less of a struggle with the wheel out of the way. Took about 45 mins but the next time it'll be under 30 I reckon. H7 bulbs fitted, now the other one has gone! Grrr...

PS: If you see the guy who designed it like this, give him a slap from me!!

And while your at it change them side light bulbs they look so brown or is it the photo ? :grin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.