Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
15,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having been asked by several members for recommended hotels to stay at whilst visiting Scotland, I will set the ball rolling with ..

The Dalmeny Park House Hotel, Barrhead G78 1LG

My brother stayed here a couple of years ago and his only negative comment was that his room was a little tired, however the hotel was refurbished in 2019. I have eaten several times in the new restaurant and the food was lovely. I found the staff helpful and friendly. Only ten minutes from the M77 Motorway, and there is excellent parking available with nice gardens. (y)

Reactions: Avel Du and efair

·
15,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Royal Hotel Ullapool IV26 2SY

I stayed here in 2019 whilst on a tour with other members. It's in a good location overlooking the loch, with a garage close by and has excellent parking. The breakfast choices were good and the well portioned dinners were taken in the lively bar, although there is also a restaurant for quieter eating. The staff were helpful and friendly.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
29,579 Posts
At Davie's request, we have started a sticky for places to stay in the UK.

We'll use that thread as a sticky to link member suggestions from the regional threads.

(Side note. Ate at both those two and enjoyed good fodder).

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
2,858 Posts
The Royal Hotel Ullapool IV26 2SY
I stayed here in 2019 whilst on a tour with other members.
Agree that this is an excellent place to stay (y)
Has good parking around the front & back, with lots of nice cars doing the N500..!!!
The Loch view rooms are nice ($$) and the petrol station out front has a jet wash :cool:

·
15,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Carra Beag Guest House, 16 Toberargon Road, Pitlochry, PH16 5HG

I've stayed here a couple of times with SLKWorld members. A reasonably priced bed and breakfast with friendly, welcoming hosts. Private parking available and only a 3 minute walk to the town centre. They don't serve dinner, but do do an excellent breakfast.

Reactions: Trev5 and Avel Du

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
2,858 Posts
Agree that "Carra Beag" and especially Pitlochry is an excellent place to stop on any Scottish Road Trip (y)
Plus, Carole enjoyed the shopping in the town..!!
This is the view from our room back in April 2017, with parking & view looking down to the town, also stayed here Sept 2019:

A nice place to eat in Pitlochry, which is only 10 - 15 walk via an Iron Suspension Bridge over the River Tummel is the: Port-na-Craig Restruant: Google Maps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts