Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
Been having avery erratic/intermitant misfire on my slk350.
Got an OBD2reader and cable , shows misfire on cylinder1.
Swapped the coil packs on the front 2 cylinders and OBD now showing misfire on cylinder 4 .
So pretty sure its the coil pack .

However , here in Australia stealership wants $218 per unit !!!!!
Real price in USA Or Europe is around $30 - $50 per unit.

Anyone know or recommend a supplier who will send to Aus ??

Has any tried the aftermarket / generic coil packs ??

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks Cobra

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Brian :)

I'll send them an email.

The part looks nothing like the coil pack off the SLK350.
Also they list the SLK350 as 2001 - 2004 and the SLK350 started in 2005 ??

Hopefully they will have the correct part - fingers crossed - as this is so much cheaper.

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
804 Posts
The part looks nothing like the coil pack off the SLK350.
What about the part in the second link I listed - does it look correct? I figured the pic in the first listing was just the flip side of the one in the second.

If not, how about this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Standard-Ignition-Ignition-Coil-UF-535-/130885100296?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model:SLK350&hash=item1e795c2308&vxp=mtr

Also they list the SLK350 as 2001 - 2004 and the SLK350 started in 2005 ??
I just assumed that was a typo. The fact that both listings claim the one part is compatible with the SLK320 and the SLK55 as well as the SLK350 led me to conclude they were the same spec, but who knows? Definitely worth an email to the vendor before handing over any cash... ;)

BTW, the SLK350 actually started production in 2004 - I know because I've got one!

Cheers,
Brian

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Brian

Yes I know actually 2004 , so is mine, but they all list 2004 as R170 and 2005 on as R171
go figure !

I'm waiting on replies from vendor.

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
804 Posts
Call 928Srus. http://s287999742.e-shop.info/shop/page/5?sessid=d6LDeTTNtZgDKh1hbKNdlak80MPqeDLgnWZiAc0iVIkBbPHkfRPzdYAuTMhNN6lR&shop_param=

He is a 928 parts guy but gets me parts for all my cars. And I know he ships World Wide
Worth a crack but I've learned from experience that most online stores charge an arm and a leg to ship anything to our corner of the world.

Typically if we can't find what we need on Ebay, we have to pay the exorbitant prices that the local importers charge. :mad:

Cheers,
Brian

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Paid $154 for a coil pack from a local Indy as the misfire was becoming more and more prevalent .
After 1 week no misfire - so problem solved.

I've ordered a pair of coil packs from USA at $28-00 each plus $45 shipping.
Total $101-00 for 2 .

Thay will just take about 3 weeks to get here !

·
Registered
13 Posts
Worth a crack but I've learned from experience that most online stores charge an arm and a leg to ship anything to our corner of the world.

Typically if we can't find what we need on Ebay, we have to pay the exorbitant prices that the local importers charge. :mad:

Cheers,
Brian
Brian, so true.
I know this guy and he ships to OZ all the time at the best rate he can find. Plus I have seen some weird shipping rule when it comes to that side of the Rock.
Most all parts come from a company called World Pac. You guys might be able to find a parts guy closer to you.
http://www.worldpac.com/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts