Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the middle of changing the coolant in my SLK320. Only drained from the radiator drain plug so far and I'm 2 to 3 quarts short of the system capacity. I'm guessing I better find and drain from the block drain plug too. I would prefer not to disturb any of the hoses if I don't have to, but I will disconnect the lower hose if I absolutely have to. Before I do that, can someone tell me exactly where the block drain plug is and what kind of a bolt it is? A photo would be fantastic. I found one reverse or external torx bolt on the passenger side (right) that might be a candidate, but I didn't want to mess with it until I was sure.

Thanks.

Reactions: Avel Du

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,183 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jeff. Have to look for something like that on mine. Haven't seen it yet. Will take a look later.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The EPC shows two drain screws, one on each side I assume. I haven't found either one yet.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I gave up - never did find the block drain(s). So I just flushed the system twice with distilled water, filled it up with the Mercedes coolant 50/50 with distilled water and called it a day. The old coolant was the original 15 year coolant and it looked very, very clean and clear.

Reactions: Idiot101
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.