Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have never purchased rims in my life and i have no clue where to get it

i hear a lot of advertisements from radio and i see a lot of rim shops locally,

but i dont know the ball-park price for the 18' rims.

i live in so. cal. if anyone knows a good rim place in so. cal, can i please get some recommendation?

also can i get some recommendation on brands and maybe some things that i should know before purchasing new rims.

im thinkin about getting yellow or black/yellow rims.

thank you so much!:burnout:

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,344 Posts
Hey 01 Craigs List is a good Start it might be a hit and miss . Hate to see it even your local Junk Yard If you looking 4 new perfect Wheels Craigslist is a good Place 2 find Wheels from an Mb Modder it is a hit an miss ... If you are in a Hurry 2 get Wheels well there is the Local Mb Dealer all it you need is 2 Floor Jacks 4 Blocks 2 lift the Car and Power Tools. LOL All joking aside keep an Eye on Craigs List .....

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hello,

I had very good experiences with L.A. Wheel - Chrome OEM Wheel Experts | Home page

They are located in LA. They do a lot of chrome rims if you are into chrome rims. I think they also carry non-chrome rims. They carry only original OEM MB rims. No replicas.

Also I had good experiences with Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels

Also check out Tire America. They have chain stores throughout SoCal.

Of course there is eBay, Amazon, and your local tire shops.

All of the above can give you a "package deal"... meaning rim with tire together and mounted/balanced and everything. You just have them put on and you are good to go.

It all depends on how much you want to spend. The original OEM's will definitely cost you. The replicas are cheaper.

Another option is to keep an eye out for the classifieds, but it is a hit and miss.

Last year I blew one of my rear tire on the interstate when I hit some kind of metal rebar (I think).........and severely damaged the rim beyond repair. My extended warranty "tire/rim rider" policy covered it. That one 18 inch original MB AMG rim and tire (chromed later by LA Wheel and Tire) cost around $1100 and that was a "discounted" price!!! Would have cost a lot higher at MB dealer.

Good luck.

i have never purchased rims in my life and i have no clue where to get it

i hear a lot of advertisements from radio and i see a lot of rim shops locally,

but i dont know the ball-park price for the 18' rims.

i live in so. cal. if anyone knows a good rim place in so. cal, can i please get some recommendation?

also can i get some recommendation on brands and maybe some things that i should know before purchasing new rims.

im thinkin about getting yellow or black/yellow rims.

thank you so much!:burnout:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
knowing my luck, i will probably miss trying to find something in craigslist haha

im gonna try there first and if i cant find any good ones, im gonna go to discount tires or something. :/

what are the suggested size for 18' rims on slk?

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK280
3,917 Posts
Hi razr-01, I didn't have time to do the hit or miss Craigs List so I went to Discount Tire where I was able to view all makes and models that would fit my ride. In fact my Son just ordered a set of rims for his new Production Vehicle and didn't' like them when they came in and was able to order another set without hassle. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have previously bought my wheels from the same place, they have a pretty decent range of performance alloy wheels - not too sure if they ship or not, or even if it would work out cheaper dependent on what wheels you wanted? but i live between the states and the UK so i guess this hasn't been an issue for me before :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wheels

I agree that Discount Tire is great to work with and I would highly recommend them if there is one in your area.

They two sets of wheels and one set of tires in return before we found a set that fits the my AMG brakes and lowered suspension.

They have access to almost any wheel, so don't just look at their web-site or store. If you see something you like elsewhere, just ask tham about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.