Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MB makes real sports cars? Funny what you grow up thinking that you know. I have had a 1967 Firebird, a 1975 Nissan 280Z, a Ford Tarus SHO (can't remember the year), a 1995 Porche 968 and presently a 2005 Nissan 350Z Roadster. These are just a few of the over 35 cars that I have owned since I was 16. At 51 you would think I would have it all figured out by now. And then I stumble across a 2002 SLK32 AMG, and I am in love all over again!

I am here on the forum to learn as much as I can about the SLK32 AMG before starting to look for one to purchase.

Off the top, can anyone direct me to a post or web site that details the specs and most specifically the differences and changes between the model years (2002 through 2004 I believe).

Thanks, and it is great to be here.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Welcome from southern California.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,085 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Sergeant-at-Arms/Moderator

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Welcome from Los Angeles.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There must be a lot of sweet R170/R171's running around California. When I owned a Porsche 968, one of the forum members created a registry, so they were about to account for a great number of the cars and where, by state and province they are. Anything like that for the SLK's?

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
There are regional groupings...click on Forum...it's down near the bottom. Lots of members in T.O.
Welcome from Ottawa (my oldest and my money go to UoG!).
Start with Wikipedia as far as a breakdown on models etc.
Important suggestion - start shopping down in the US (cars.com, autotrader.com).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Sent!

I have been looking on autotrader.com and cars.com. I saved a lot 2 years ago when I bought my '05 Nissan 350Z Roadster from Kentucky and 2 years before that when I bought my '95 Porsche 968 from Massachusetts. Right now I don't see a big difference from US to Canada, maybe just the time of year (sport car time of year!).

I think I am looking for an '02 - '04 SLK32 AMG, but as an R171 driver, how would you compare that to say an '05 SLK350?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Pleasure to have you with us! A nice warm welcome from SoCal!

SLK 32 AMGs are hard to come by it seems, but from what I have heard, they are well-worth the effort. Thinking of getting one for fun to partner with my own SLK 350, but I don't know yet. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts