Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered 2002 SLK 230 R170
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've bought a CD Holder, Part# - A 1706800179 - CD - BOX, to go in my R170 but now I can't work out how or where it actually goes.:frown:

I thought it went in the box between the seats but after offering it up in every way I can't see how.

Someone offering one on Ebay said it went in glovebox!!

Help can anyone assist me?:nerd:

Regards

Mike

·
Founding Member 2006
108,893 Posts
the one for the glovebox is for a r171

the one for the r170 as stated is on the right side of the trunk.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,893 Posts
sorry. i had a 2002 320 and i had the 6 cd changer as depicted in my picture in my trunk

·
Registered 1998 SLK230
4 Posts
the one for the glovebox is for a r171

the one for the r170 as stated is on the right side of the trunk.

I have just purchased the same unit, trunk 6 cd changer and need to identify the wiring requirements. I have the Alpine head unit with cassette in my R170 SLK230 Kompressor. Any assistance would be appreciated. PN or link to purchase a wiring pigtail or harness. TIA

·
Founding Member 2006
108,893 Posts
I have just purchased the same unit, trunk 6 cd changer and need to identify the wiring requirements. I have the Alpine head unit with cassette in my R170 SLK230 Kompressor. Any assistance would be appreciated. PN or link to purchase a wiring pigtail or harness. TIA
you can look up parts here

https://slk-links.neocities.org

·
*Premium Member
2001 SLK320
1,032 Posts
I thought the original CD changer was connected by an optical fibre cable. Does Your Alpine unit have socket for optical fibre?

And since it was a dealer-fitted option, I bet the cable is already in place.

·
*Premium Member
2001 SLK320
1,032 Posts
Mine is in the armrest box between the seats.

Don't have changer sadly :(
Sorry but wrong item.

I'm talking about a 4 CD storage box as in this picture

mike
RLander has it worked out. The picture shows the unit has the corner missing in the top right of the photo andthis must rest against the sloping rear face of the centre console compartment.

I found a picture of another version of a 3 CD storage unit that is much more slender than this that fits in the glove box just beside the lock on the outboard side.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/photogallery?Id=OAG-AD-16855525&Index=11
This photo won’t last long

·
Registered 1998 SLK230
4 Posts
I found the connection behind the trim, it was non fiber optic like I suspected. I am fully installed now with no issues. Operational test was satisfactory in the garage. Not sure if I will have the same results on the road. But the unit functions. Thank you for all the help. My connector was in the main wiring harness by the passenger side rear tail light. Wrapped neatly with zip ties behind the Roof hydraulic control pump.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.