Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if people go to their Mercedes dealer for fluids (brake, coolant, windshield washer) or if you just go to the local auto parts store. I need to get windshield washer fluid but I looked in the owner's manual and saw the recommendation for Mercedes fluid to make sure you don't harm the plastic lamp lenses. Just wondering if I'm worrying too much or whether there's good reason to purchase from Mercedes.

BTW, it's not the cost that's the issue. I live in Florida in an area that barely ever gets to freezing. So I just need the summer mix at a dilution rate of 100:1, so I'm guessing it'll last a long time. It's more a matter of getting to the dealership, which is hardly around the corner.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,395 Posts
Just wondering if people go to their Mercedes dealer for fluids (brake, coolant, windshield washer) or if you just go to the local auto parts store. I need to get windshield washer fluid but I looked in the owner's manual and saw the recommendation for Mercedes fluid to make sure you don't harm the plastic lamp lenses. Just wondering if I'm worrying too much or whether there's good reason to purchase from Mercedes.

BTW, it's not the cost that's the issue. I live in Florida in an area that barely ever gets to freezing. So I just need the summer mix at a dilution rate of 100:1, so I'm guessing it'll last a long time. It's more a matter of getting to the dealership, which is hardly around the corner.
MB Summerfit Scheibenwaschkonzentrat windscreen washer concentrate, 40 ml, is about $3.50 MSRP, and $2.61 from on line source. I usually buy 2 or 3 when I am at the local MB parts department.

Part No. A 001 986 80 71 17

·
Registered
21 Posts
Windshield washer fluid

Orcrone, you are worrying too much.
Windshield washer fluid is a brightly colored liquid made of methanol, an alcohol mixed sometime with small amounts of ethylene glycol another alcohol.
You can get it from your local auto parts store with no risk in damaging any parts. Just make sure to keep it away from children because is extremely poisonous...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Orcrone, you are worrying too much.
Windshield washer fluid is a brightly colored liquid made of methanol, an alcohol mixed sometime with small amounts of ethylene glycol another alcohol.
You can get it from your local auto parts store with no risk in damaging any parts. Just make sure to keep it away from children because is extremely poisonous...
Not only worrying too much, but I don't think my car has headlight washers, so no concern about the plastic lenses. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,275 Posts
if you post your vin, we can get you a datacard and you can see if you have those washers or not and many other options.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You actually did that for me. Here's the link. I couldn't find them on the list. Also it's part of the lighting package which I'm pretty sure I don't have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.