Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey SLK World.

How do you track your SLK service records? Old fashion binder? Spreadsheet? App? Web site?

Before I had my SLK, I had an Acura Integra and would keep track of my service records on Acura Owners website. When I bought my SLK 3 years ago, I started with a google spreadsheet then tried the Car Minder app on my iPhone. Unfortunately, I upgraded to an Android phone and didn't transfer the information to my new phone.

I'm thinking about using the Service History section on Autozone.com to house my service history, but wanted to see what services or apps you'd recommend. I prefer to keep my records digital.

Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,275 Posts
old fashion binder in clear page protectors

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,378 Posts
I do multi things. The papers, bills, service records are keep with owners manuals. I use two apps on Iphone one is Gas Cubby which has an export that could be sent to email, the other is Mycarfax that has records of the car you find on Carfax.com, nice as if you bought it used you will have the previous owners records it they have been reported to Carfax. Both apps are have a free version. Like Gas Cubby as it keeps service records as well as fuel usage with nice charts to view.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,395 Posts
Manila folder marked "MK's SLK"!
Same here:
Manila folder marked "2008 SLK55" with a summary page on the first page: listing the date, mileage, summary of services done and cost. The latest service record is arranged to be on top.

Manila folder is placed on a hanging file folder together with other vehicles in their own Manila folder and separate hanging file folder. All these kept inside a metal file cabinet.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
I keep track of costs in Quicken home version. I have separate categories for repairs, car care and fuel costs. That way I can print a report to learn just how much I have spent on Gummi Pflege and wheel cleaner versus tail light lenses, air filters and brake pads! Service tickets and parts invoices are filed in the order of newest to oldest in a folder which is stored in -you guessed it!- a file cabinet. Quicken does have a feature where you can scan in a document, but I don't use that. Might be handy if there was no space for the originals to be filed.

Happy Driving ?
Rory

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
27,184 Posts
Currently in the service books wallet.

Need to spend some time this winter scanning and storing on a flash/
And creating a spreadsheet.

3 cars and a bike on road. 1 car and bike in storage.

Time to organise.

·
Registered 2002 SLK 230 R170
355 Posts
Password protected Excel Spreadsheet

Hi,

Keep it all on a set of Excel Spreadsheets.

Allows me to keep a running total of the cost of everything from the day I bought it to present. Includes accessories Ect.:surprise:

Protected by Password because if "Her Inside" saw it I would probable be looking for somewhere new to rest my head.

Mike

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
2,923 Posts
Costs and credit card bills are recorded in quicken.

Paper records, insurance, car related regulatory stuff in a filling cabinet.

Petrol and fuel costs tracked on Spritmonitor.de.

Ideas and how-to notes are within Evernote (together with things I need to remember like tyre pressures and sizes).

Routes and roads I've enjoyed driving are also stored in Evernote.

Dreams and aspirations on here. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.