Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered 1999 SLK230
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can see by the excessive wear pattern on the outside edges of my front tires that I need an alignment. Never done one on my R170. Is this something better left to the dealer or can a competent tire installer handle it? Thanks.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I can see by the excessive wear pattern on the outside edges of my front tires that I need an alignment. Never done one on my R170. Is this something better left to the dealer or can a competent tire installer handle it? Thanks.

Dealer is your best option because of alignment screws that required to correct the negative camber on your car. Most alignment shop doen't even know about the Mercedes alignment screws.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just had rubber bushes replaced in my front suspension. Took it to local MB dealer for alignment. I would not consider having aligned anywhere else. My car has 103k miles and they said everything checked out within specs. They did a tweak on the toe-in just because they had the car set up on the alignment deck. Not bad for a car with over 100k on it. Cost me a little over $200 but I have peace of mind that my tires won't wear out overnight.

·
Registered 1999 SLK230
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got my alignment done at local M-B dealer and it was painless. Cost a bit more than tire dealer, but I left with the confidence it was done right and got a "free" car wash out of it. This place has a huge showroom in which I amused myself while waiting for the car: several SLS including a roadster, two generations of C63 "Black Series", a slightly used SL600, even a Maybach 57. I absolutely love the new SLK250!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.