Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a bit narked. Tonight, on his way home from work, my son was involved in a car accident, which left him, the driver and two others in a water filled ditch. He has come home, in shock, with pains in his back and decided to take tomorrow off. (The work is labouring and hard physical work).

He has spoken to his boss who has suggested he's a wuss and something else I can't remember, but insisted that he was taking tomorrow off because he is in pain. Apparently the parting comment was "Do what you want".

His moped is now back on the road so we've discussed it and he is going to make his own way there on Thursday. This way, if the boss is a cock, he can leave whenever he wants, but we are hoping he can work Thursday and Friday and so get paid for the week (minus tomorrow of course). After that, I said, he can walk away with a clear conscience.

Part of me wants to ring this bloke up and have a go, but I don't really think it will help. I'm just so angry that through no fault of his own, my son is being made to feel pathetic by a man who is employing 16 year olds and expecting them to behave like men in their 40s. I think it's a classic cash in hand job, so workers come and go, but I'm upset because my son has thrown himself into it and worked really hard.

Picture is of the car they were in at the bottom of the ditch, you couldn't see it from the road according to my husband who went and picked him up.

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds like a plan. Not sure what happened there but I got away with saying cock too.... Must be the odd copy and paste thing I did! :rb

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, but glad that he is OK.

At least this will turn out to be some lesson for your son to learn that not all bosses are nice, and maybe this guy may not be the worst that the rest he'll meet later in life.

I think his boss just didn't get the gravity of the accident. Or maybe he's just heard too many sob stories from other workers trying to take sick days and lie about it.

I do like it that you've gotten away with saying that word a few times here. What's up with that? =)

-K

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not trying it again! Got away with saying cock twice now!

My son is mobile again , so he is going to go to work on his moped on Thursday, any trouble and he can just come home. I'm hoping he can stick with the job for a bit longer. He has done nothing wrong after all and has worked hard every day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts