Mercedes SLK World banner

When you have a 'kill' driving story, is your significant other with you?

• With significant other

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Without significant other

Votes: 24 75.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've spent many hours reading "Kill Stories", after my wife went to bed, and thoroughly enjoyed them. I have not posted any of mine, though I have many, and also had my hat handed to me. When I go to play, I never have my wife with me. It would not go over well.

So, I would like to start an unscientific poll.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,668 Posts
I made you a poll and put your vote in it :D

·
93,668 Posts
voting poll at top of thread for other members to vote

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
When I lived in CA, "kill" or "killer" was used in relation to something particularly good, as in "Man that forum is KILL". In this mad man SLK universe. Does that mean you had a good time? Does that mean you beat someone driving/racing? Does it mean you've ran over a bunny?

·
93,668 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Oh I get it. Maybe the question "Do you actually get to have fun when your significant other is with you in your SLK?" would be equally suitable.

·
93,668 Posts
rossdonna2000, post your driving stories. does your wife read our forum?

·
93,668 Posts
Through 3 slks since 2002, my wife does not like my car or drive in it
I'm a happy man. Girlfriends liked it though. :D

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
After a recent mishap with the e series, driving the SLK is not even on the table for discussion. The only thing that got killed (estimate today) in that story is the bank account. But I digress what's new.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
..... my wife does not like my car or drive in it
I'm a happy man. Girlfriends liked it though. :D
I echo the same as the first statement.

I, however, do not have any girlfriends other than the wife :grin:, although I must say girl friends do dig the ride >:D

·
Super Moderator
10,193 Posts
Driving home from dinner tonight, I was on the on ramp for the 101. I gave it a little gas and shot onto the freeway. My wife asked, how fast? I responded, just 80mph. She's like, that's not very fast. So I hit the floor and shot up to 120. She didn't say anything (after the scream) the rest of the way home. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,856 Posts
If i'm in the mood I will push it from time to time. Wife is with me more times than not, but it is rare that I race.

·
AND MABEL
14,069 Posts
As Mabel is my "Significant Other" I have to vote yes! :D

Though I did take my brothers wife for a demonstration run when I first bought Mabel. Hung back in light traffic, then floored it to catch it up again. She emitted a strange wailing noise, so I slowed down then took a particularly twisty bit quite spiritedly. Wailing noise turned to screaming! She hasn't been in Mabel since, and vows she never will again! >:D

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
As the other half
Its always different when you have a passenger as you are responsible for another persons life other than your own.
At the IOM TT him indoors always went out for laps on his own. The course scared me only place I was a nervy pillon on a bike and we had gone faster in Wales.But Avel du respected me enough not to frighten me unlike some other muppets, with the exception of the tram lines.
Roll on a few years later my battered old Vauxhall omega flew over the mountain road Ramsey to Onchan late for tea with his cousin and I totally got why he did the laps alone.
That's why it's good to have 2 slks as I'm not a slow coach but he's a faster not better but faster driver than me so this way we both get to have fun. Unless I grab the 55 key he he.

·
93,668 Posts
As Mabel is my "Significant Other" I have to vote yes! :D

Though I did take my brothers wife for a demonstration run when I first bought Mabel. Hung back in light traffic, then floored it to catch it up again. She emitted a strange wailing noise, so I slowed down then took a particularly twisty bit quite spiritedly. Wailing noise turned to screaming! She hasn't been in Mabel since, and vows she never will again! >:D
Human significant others Davie or you will skew the voting. If you did vote, may I remove it?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts