Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC200
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realise we have been here before, but I could not resist posting these pictures from the car park at work. Every day I leave work and this same car is parked next to me!

It doesn't matter that there are probably 200 empty spaces in the car park, including three next to my car, he has to park next to me!!

To be fair I have not noticed any dings or red paint on the side of my car, but why???? :confused::mad:

Attachments

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
5,071 Posts
I realise we have been here before, but I could not resist posting these pictures from the car park at work. Every day I leave work and this same car is parked next to me!

It doesn't matter that there are probably 200 empty spaces in the car park, including three next to my car, he has to park next to me!!

To be fair I have not noticed any dings or red paint on the side of my car, but why???? :confused::mad:
I call it the placebo parking effect

Its like the Q starts here !
So people will follow ,line up or park up next or to the side off you .

It happened to my mate in his Lexus 6.00 in the morning huge car park empty and this car parked yep you guessed it nect to him .

The park has 500 plus spaces to .

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,447 Posts
They are protecting your car
If I park in a far away place and notice someone else parking in the same area, I wave them over and say
"it is not everyone that I let park next to me'

But my ulterior motive is that
a. They know I know who they are
b. I will take a pic after they walk off
c. My car side is protected

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK320
1,032 Posts

He’s messing with your mind,,,,,,,,,,,,and it’s working.

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK 5.4 M113
1,440 Posts
I think you have a little parking lot buddy. I dont know why he couldn't park on the other side to make getting easier out (and reduce the risk of door dings), but at least you know one side is protected by the same car every day.

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,468 Posts
Do you know who owns the car? Maybe it is a Woman that has a crush on you and wants to meet you. What better way to get noticed sooner or later you will leave a note on the windshield:laugh::laugh::wink:

Reactions: Jules555

·
Super Moderator 2006 SLK 280
11,312 Posts
He or she wants to look good next to you.

It's human nature to want to be close to things that are attractive.
Well that would explain why this guy parked next to me. :D

Attachments

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
3,223 Posts
Jules.

Do you always park in the same space? Maybe that's the reason the Getz parks there too. Try different slots and see if the Getz follows you.....

Reactions: Col

·
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jules.

Do you always park in the same space? Maybe that's the reason the Getz parks there too. Try different slots and see if the Getz follows you.....
I do Martin, it's what I call my spot. :smile: I will give parking somewhere different a try, we will see what happens.

I am a creature of habit though, will take some will power to park in a different space! :grin:

·
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just for the record, he/she was there again today! :surprise:

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's a good thought. Perhaps you are parking in a spot they consider to be "theirs" so they schmooze up next to you.

Another though, maybe they appreciate your beautiful car and just enjoy the contrast to theirs, shiny vs not. Try another spot and see if the schmoozer follows.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts