Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Story
...we recently introduced the ability to call businesses in the U.S. directly from Google Maps, and, as of today, users in Germany can send a business listing found on Google Maps Deutschland directly to cars enabled with the BMW Assist service. Drivers can then set it as the destination for the in-car navigation system, or they can call the business from within the car. No more having to write down the address and re-enter it in the car -- now you can just click and drive! Here's a video showing how this feature works (German version). We've partnered with BMW because they're a leading innovator in the automotive space, and they share our vision for a network-connected world.
So when will Mercedes start offering this? That is one thing that disappoints me about my SLK. Technologically, the MP3 support and the sophistication of the Navi is pretty average.

D

·
0 Posts
Not for a very long time if you look at the navigation in the 221 then thats going to be the best MB have to offer on the other variants for a few years yet.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Begin gloat...

I just use my Garmin c510. Even tells me where accidents/stahls (traffic jams) are...I just love GPS...especially here in Germany! :tu:

...gloat over. :D

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
May be they are slow, but everytime when I see a BMW standing on the Autobahn waiting for help I am praying that Mercedes stays slow.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
Although the software maybe be very dated, how many cars can play DVD mp3s from the factory? that's got to count for something...and a remote audio input jack is standard? that's pretty cool too! you might say, a lot of cars have this, but most cars have it right on the stereo face, which is very inconvenient...

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Although the software maybe be very dated, how many cars can play DVD mp3s from the factory? that's got to count for something...and a remote audio input jack is standard? that's pretty cool too! you might say, a lot of cars have this, but most cars have it right on the stereo face, which is very inconvenient...
Couldnt agree more, especially with the audio input jack, very very useful especially for songs etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.