Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered 2001 SLK 230
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does my 2001 slk 230 with 16" wheels share its lug pattern and off set with other brands of cars? im looking for some black wheels to replace my factory ones. i could powder coat or pain them but i wanted to see if i could just buy a used set locally that would fit. thanks for any help you can give me. i know almost nothing about wheels so i thought i would come to the experts.

·
Registered
68 Posts
does my 2001 slk 230 with 16" wheels share its lug pattern and off set with other brands of cars? im looking for some black wheels to replace my factory ones. i could powder coat or pain them but i wanted to see if i could just buy a used set locally that would fit. thanks for any help you can give me. i know almost nothing about wheels so i thought i would come to the experts.

The first thing you need to know is your cars fitments which for your car are:
Pitch Circle Diameter (PCD) : 5x112mm
Or Wheel Fitment: 5x4.41 inches
Wheel Offset: 30-40mm
Wheel Hub Centre Bore: 66.6mm
Wheel Fittings: b12x1.5mm

Don't make the mistake I have seen so many times in the past presume because the stud pattern fits they will be fine, especially when you later find out the centre bore is larger than that of the wheels you're trying to fit or the offset causes contact with your struts.

I've found this site useful in the past for checking wheel fitments to see how they compare Wheel Fitment Guide | PCD Pattern Guide

& this site comes in handy too to compare tyre fitment & offset when changing wheel sizes.
https://www.willtheyfit.com/

Des with an S

1 - 2 of 2 Posts