Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Awesome pictures...

If you don't mind me asking, why would you want to sell your 55?Tired of it? Getting something better?

I know the time comes when we all move on, but for me i've just fallen in love with the SLK so i can't imagine selling one...

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,158 Posts
I agree with Twisted :) There is nothing else out there that appeals to me more at any price. (well maybe the SLR would be fun).

By the way, it is unsafe to go at that speed, open the door, hang out, focus the camera on the wheel, and take a picture <g>

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:EXCELLENT action pics. THANKS! Beautiful wheels and love those AMG brakes. I'd hate to see you sell your beautiful SLK 55 but we'll all have to make that decision one day. I'm a professional car looker, always looking, but there's nothing else I'd want at this time.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the compliments.

The pics were done pretty easily. I just raised the car on a jack, spun the wheel by hand and took the picture with a 2 second long exposure. That is why you don't see anything else in the pic. It would have all been stationary.

Oh, on the first pic I also did a motion blur on the ground. Otherwise, you would have seen my garage floor. :biglaugh:

Lastly, the more I think about it, the more I feel selling the SLK would be a good financial decision. We currently have 3 cars and I don't drive my car much during the winter. If I sell it now, I can benefit from a slightly higher selling amount vs waiting another year. Then, take my time to decide what's the next best thing. With a wife and 2 kids, I'll need to go with a 4 seater next time. As of now, I have to plan my day carefully since I might, with little notice, have to chauffeur both kids and the SLK just doesn't work.

I will say this... The SLK55 is the BEST car I have ever owned. It looks great and turns heads like no other. It sounds menacing. It performs extremely well. Aside from a practicality standpoint, like many have said, there's really nothing better out there. Of course, I think I'm a bit biased!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's another one.

Setup...
-Top down.
-Camera attached to a tripod.
-Tripod attached securely to headrest and sticking out past the side of the car 2-3 feet.
-Camera set to 2-3 second long exposure.
-Camera also set to shutter delay of 10 seconds.

Picture...
-Press shutter button. (then you have 10 seconds to do the following)
-Hop in car, and place in neutral.
-Release handbrake and coast at 1 mph holding steering wheel completely still.
-Shutter finally takes pic.
-Stop and see the results.

It's quite easy and safe for all. Unless, you do a bad job securing your camera! The only challenge is taking a pic without any vibration.

D

·
0 Posts
Dan, buy an E55.

Add a CL rad cover (with star in center), remove the sticky up star and replace with the flat version then drop a E63 spoiler on the tail.

Performance very similar to the 63 but for less cash.

·
aka Denny
196 Posts
I love the pics - especially that last one. With how you describe it, I think it might be even more entertaining to watch a video of you taking the picture!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Great pics! :)

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Dan, buy an E55.

Add a CL rad cover (with star in center), remove the sticky up star and replace with the flat version then drop a E63 spoiler on the tail.

Performance very similar to the 63 but for less cash.
Good suggestion and its a very very quick saloon, with performance mods it can take tuned 996 TT's.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
E55 is a good suggestion. Good looks and awesome acceleration.

I definitely want/need a 4 seater next time around. I also wish to buy used as I don't care for such a large depreciation hit. I have even considered just driving my Acura the entire fall/winter until I find the right car. I'm in no rush so who knows, maybe I'll even go to the darkside and pick up an e92 M3 next year. We shall see. For now, I need to perform a thorough detail and get my car listed.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Great pics and good luck with your sale, if you are thinking about it, it's best if you do it right now, like you said, you'll get the best value this time of year.

·
Registered
533 Posts
E55 is a good suggestion. Good looks and awesome acceleration.

I definitely want/need a 4 seater next time around. I also wish to buy used as I don't care for such a large depreciation hit. I have even considered just driving my Acura the entire fall/winter until I find the right car. I'm in no rush so who knows, maybe I'll even go to the darkside and pick up an e92 M3 next year. We shall see. For now, I need to perform a thorough detail and get my car listed.
Nothing wrong with going bimmer. I've got one :p and i'm perfectly sane haha. The e92 is really nice (except it doesn't have a decent folding hardtop, dont talk about the e93 though, it just looks plain awkward (and i love BMW) I know i know priorities change but right now nothing does it like an SLK.

Seriously though, How about a C63 or a CL or CLK? Plenty of options out there, i think the E range is a bit too square personally.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.