·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a good show but the profit bit is a joke as they dont build in any labour costs etc
Definately!

Also, when he's haggling for a discount, he usually gets it. I wonder if you or I would get such discounts? I doubt it somehow. Maybe we should get a celebrity & film crew to accompany us when we need something!

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,350 Posts
Botton line thought it showed some good info on doing repair. Not full detail but a good starting point in the short time allowed for each repair.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Watched it. Thanks again! Really great.

I only wish they didn't keep making the joke of a hairdresser's car.

I'm always amazed by the prices they pick up the cars for and even resell them on Wheeler's Dealers. It seems in the US, used cars go for so much more.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The prices seem reasonable, reminds me of how poor re-sale value is on these.

If you can do all your own work, then, yes there is a profit. But if you have to pay a mechanic to do the work for you, then that profit is way out the window. I wonder how long it really took him to do some of that work - I didn't know you had to take everything out of the boot to get to the pump. Hopefully mine doesn't go out or I'm sure that will be one expensive repair.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
If anyone wants a DVD of this Wheeler Dealer show send me a dollar to cover the cost of the DVD and the mailing and I'll get one out to you. PM me for address.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
thank you very much! I'll be watching this tonight!

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
I like the show as well. I haven't seen the SLK one, though, and I'd love to DVR it. I watched one on a Reneault last night. They tend to get some uncommon cars, especially for someone watching from the States.

+1 on the "are these prices real" comment. My big problem with reality TV is that IMHO it is based upon the premise that "People act the same way as they aways do even though someone is standing three feet away pointing a video camera at them."

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Thanks, much appreciated!
This looks like only the first part, length 10 minutes.... do you have the rest that you can upload - Call it HomeMovieClip2.mp4? and then clip 3?

It's a good job you can't hear me swearing right now...

I uploaded the full episode about 400Mb. Seems that PH crop video clips to 10 min maximum.

So.... I'll get splitting & uploading.

*Sigh*

Direct clickable pictures take you to the video...

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thank you

Thank you for all your time in finding and putting this together here for us!
It was also a very good example with all the common pain items being addressed. Had they thrown in cleaning the MAF it would have been complete, lol:tu:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts