Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
That type of weight is not used any more, most people now use self adhesive weights. If you're restoring a car to concours condition, you would be pleased to have a supply of these.

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That type of weight is not used any more, most people now use self adhesive weights. If you're restoring a car to concours condition, you would be pleased to have a supply of these.
But one and the odds on it being the right weight would be thousands to one !

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
He's setting the hook - once you find out it's the wrong weight, you have to go back and buy the right one. And remember - it's from an "extremely rare collection" !

Plus he is in one country while his "shipper" is in New Jersey. You'll never catch him !

Caveat Emptor ! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
333 Posts
He's setting the hook - once you find out it's the wrong weight, you have to go back and buy the right one. And remember - it's from an "extremely rare collection" !
I contacted an ebay seller today who I'd bought grille from for my car to ask where it was, the listing said I should have it by last Thursday. They replied to say it was out of stock, and offered me an alternative. For an extra £100. My cynical mind believes this was a set up, but I've called their bluff and said I'll wait for the one I actually ordered.

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I contacted an ebay seller today who I'd bought grille from for my car to ask where it was, the listing said I should have it by last Thursday. They replied to say it was out of stock, and offered me an alternative. For an extra £100. My cynical mind believes this was a set up, but I've called their bluff and said I'll wait for the one I actually ordered.
I forgot to reply to that. I have complained to Ebay in the past about sellers advertising stuff they dont have in stock and still take your money. They do it on purpose as it means they dont need to carry stock, they wait for an order then order it from their suppliers which are usually in China

1 - 9 of 9 Posts