Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've become obsessed with online shopping for wheels for my car. I had planned that new wheels wouldn't happen until mid to late summer... mainly because I cant seem to figure out what I want. Well... I think I found them. But, now I cant decide. I thought for sure I wanted 19 inch, but now I'm debating on 18 inch. I attached a picture of what they look like. They are factory mercedes style wheel that I think are very attractive. It would either be these wheels or the 16 spoke AMG wheels. Either way... size suggestions? 18 or 19? Also, standard silver finish? or chrome?

Attachments

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,285 Posts
I feel for you i am looking at wheels too for my R 170 and i can,t make up my mind i found a perfect set on a Brabus R170 love the wheels but have not found them yet on line

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks mo! I was thinking silver, too. Just always want to make the best decision before ordering. any opinion on size?

best of luck berliner! any pics of the wheels you like?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the same wheels as you have on your car and they are nice just wish they were chrome. Ebay has them chrome $625 (set) plus shipping but you must exchange your present wheels.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I saw that add on ebay. that might be perfect for you... however, you should be able to get your wheels powder coated in chrome for less money. just a thought.

I found a guy on ebay that has several 19 inch wheels (of this style) for $999 (no tires incuded at that price) but I felt that was VERY reasonable. Now I just need to decide 100%.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:)Either 18" or 19" wheels will work. If you're upgrading, go ahead and go all the way with 19" wheels. Not that much more than 18" wheels and tires. Most frown on chrome wheels. Don't think they would enhance your silver SLK. Silver finish is the safe choice. I previously had a set of the wheels you pictured.

·
Registered
57 Posts
They are definetly nice looking wheels. I wish they made wheels like they have for bikes with "S" curves that make the wheel look like it wants to spring forward instead of just straight spoked. I would suggest using photoshop and interchange the wheel pictures on a picture of your car.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
-1- do you have the wheels still? I'd drive to VA to get them for the right price!

Panasoffkee I dont know how to use photoshop. LOL. not even really sure what it is... i've heard of people talking about it and understand what it does. But I dont know how to use it, for sure. nor do I have it on my computer, I dont think.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
silver 19's done, chrome is too much, your focal point should be with the entire car, with chrome, you eyes tend to focus on the wheels and it doesn't look right.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
okay... decision made. Silver.. not chrome.
Most likely 19 inch. I think they'll look really nice. Probably no lighter than my current wheels, but probably no heavier either.

·
Registered 2006 SLK280
128 Posts
Probably will look like this....

Attachments

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
-1- do you have the wheels still? I'd drive to VA to get them for the right price!.
:)Sorry, I sold them to another forum member about a year ago. Here a pic or two that should help. Good luck with your decision. Ynot is right.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
-1- do you have the wheels still? I'd drive to VA to get them for the right price!

:)Sorry, I sold them to another forum member about a year ago.
I'm the one that has them, only 2k miles more miles in the past year and still not a blemish on them. If you're interested give me a PM.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
-1- thanks so much for the pictures! I searched all over and couldnt find any up close pictures that I liked.... especially not on a silver car. I think they look really good!

dltslk will send PM in a few minutes.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
slk350wdc;216672 dltslk will send PM in a few minutes.[/QUOTE said:
Here's a couple recent pics I could get my hands on right know.

Attachments

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
should i be worried if TSW no longer makes the "bremma" wheel?

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
should i be worried if TSW no longer makes the "bremma" wheel?
Put your car info in TireRack's website check out the Sport Edition ST4-Silver with Machined Lip. I believe you can reuse your MB center caps. This wheel in silver is nice if you want that OEM look and if you don't want to set yourself apart from the rest of the crowd.

Just did a search-I remember RaihaX having similar wheels in Bright Satin with Machined Lip on this black SLK, with Piecha goodies. :tu:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.