Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like in rainy Washington and we bought the car in Illinois so it has pilot super sport summer tires on it....when its wet out I spin when leaving a stop sign and just a little throttle....is that a problem or juat the tires?

Appreciate the feedback

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
it should stop quickly when the traction control kicks in...even my SLK 300 does that briefly from a stop if I accelerate hard, but the traction control light flashes and it stops...u have even more torque so not surprising...what is the ESP set on? S or C

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
stay off the gas pedal. My 350 will spin easily on a wet road if I pull away to quickly and the little man who lives behind the dashboard flashes his yellow light at me :)

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Agree with Harry. Easy from stops. Dependent upon temperature, usually below 40 F, 3 season tires may drive like blocks until they warm up .... My 55 typcially breaks traction at speeds below 40 mph when wanting quick acceleration... Love it!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Hi Phs

Do you know which gearbox mode you were in , If you were in S yes your spin the rears up from lights in the wet no problem , Try & make sure your in C as this will not use first gear it start in second at light etc , But if you push it you can still spin the rear in C mode & thats in the dry :rb

Cheers

Andy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts