Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never had them on a car before and I know it's not to everyone's taste on here but I can't help but think that the SLK would look a lot more agressive with a bit of wheel poking out of the arches some more.

The kits seem to be about £90-130 per axle depending upon the size of the spacers.

Anyone used them before? Pros & cons? And most importantly what sort of size do you guys think my car could take without any rubbing etc.

Even if you think it'll look crap opinions would be great!

Sorry for the massive pic dump but I thought I'd post as many angles as possible to give a point of reference as my SLK is a bit lower than most :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,745 Posts
I have 5mm on the front and 10mm on the rear , but mainly they're there because the ET of my wheels is not the exact ones for the car , the wheels come out nicely just to the edge and the stance looks great in my opinion .
I've had them on there for at least a couple of years without problems ..

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last few pics of the current stance.

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 5mm on the front and 10mm on the rear , but mainly they're there because the ET of my wheels is not the exact ones for the car , the wheels come out nicely just to the edge and the stance looks great in my opinion .
I've had them on there for at least a couple of years without problems ..
Is your suspension stock? Do you have any rubbing on full lock or on bad roads / speed bumps / potholes etc when the suspension bottoms out?

Do you think you could go to 10mm front / 15mm back or maybe even 15mm / 20mm without any issues?

I'm thinking 15mm / 20mm but not sure if it would be possible with my setup?

Are your wheels any wider than the stock ones meaning they stick out more than just 5mm / 10mm spacers would on stock wheels?

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,745 Posts
My car's 2nd hand and I think the previous owner changed the suspension to some point as it's stiffer than other Slks I've tried , but not especially lowered and no bottoming out ...

I have aftermarket wheels with width 8J and ET37 , if I remember rightly , and I put the 5mm spacers on the front because the centre cap hit the hub cover , the 10mm rears I put on to line up the rears with the fronts . I could probably put a bit more on both , but I wouldn't want to over stress/stretch the original distances for fear of causing damage .

With the amount you've lowered your car , I wouldn't over do it , for fear of rubbing on the wing/fender over bumps/holes ...

Might I suggest you get a pair ( rather than spending out on all four ) of 10mm ones and try and see what they look like and do front and back , then you can get something smaller for the front if and use these on the rear , if 10mm is too much , or something bigger for the rear if it's ok , if you understand what I mean ?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My car's 2nd hand and I think the previous owner changed the suspension to some point as it's stiffer than other Slks I've tried , but not especially lowered and no bottoming out ...

I have aftermarket wheels with width 8J and ET37 , if I remember rightly , and I put the 5mm spacers on the front because the centre cap hit the hub cover , the 10mm rears I put on to line up the rears with the fronts . I could probably put a bit more on both , but I wouldn't want to over stress/stretch the original distances for fear of causing damage .

With the amount you've lowered your car , I wouldn't over do it , for fear of rubbing on the wing/fender over bumps/holes ...

Might I suggest you get a pair ( rather than spending out on all four ) of 10mm ones and try and see what they look like and do front and back , then you can get something smaller for the front if and use these on the rear , if 10mm is too much , or something bigger for the rear if it's ok , if you understand what I mean ?
That's a good shout, 10mm might be the best starting point then and if they're not quite big enough for my tastes I could run 10mm front / 20mm back until I can try 15mm front.

Although I'm struggling to find any spacers smaller than 12mm, might have to ring H&R and Eibach customer services and see what they've got.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.