Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered 2002 R170 SLK V8 5.0
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Whilst discussing this subject on another Forum, (with a Moron), I gave up and posted these 2 links, which I think might be very useful to Members on this Forum when considering upgrading Wheels and Tyres ...............

FWIW I have recently upgraded to 18's, and used the same spec as Brabus did on the R170, which is 8.5J x 18" Wheels with ET35 offset, and 255 / 35 x 18 on the Rear and 235 / 40 x 18 on the Front (Uniroyal Rainsports) and I can confirm that if you are looking at replacing with 18" setup, yeah, it works very very well ;)

With the M113 5.0 V8 now installed my Car is certainly no slouch but this set up reigns in the huge Torque and also those profile Tyres do not rattle my Spine / Tooth Fillings, my Car has a lovely Ride and, (so far), Precise handling ;)

HTH,

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
248 Posts
I personally hate spacers but that is just my own opinion.
When I bought my car it was delivered with the original 16" rims with summertires and 18" amg rims with wintertires.
I looked at the 18" and realized that they had et 48 and et 54, but the seller also sent me spacers so that I could use them anyway, and my car should have ET 35 or 37 depending what site you are visiting.
I sold the 18" rims and bought new 17" ET 35 instead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts