Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
*Registered
2002 SLK320
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 SLK 320 Sport normally aspirated non AGM
17"x7.5JX Front Wheel

Coupe has developed a vibration problem starting at about 55 mph. Took it too my local tire shop for an inspection. They told me the right from wheel was damaged and requires replacement. Searched the web with no result for this wheel. Is their any one out there that can steer me in the right direction.

·
Administrator (Canada)
20,371 Posts
If alloy rims, they can successfully be welded--for a LOT less than a new/used wheel (if one can be found).

Takes a specialized repair shop with the proper equipment but if only cracked, it may be repairable.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts

·
*Premium Member
2007 SLK55 AMG
923 Posts
If you were closer///I used Alloy Wheel Repair in Wichita
Reburished, trued and coated mine black with slight metallic
$125.oo / wheel
Google rim repair
Best

·
*Premium Member
2013 SLK350
127 Posts
Happened to my 2013 SLK 350. Got hit in a parking lot, minor damage to above the right front wheel well. When I picked the car up at the body shop, the owner pointed out a golf ball sized tear in the sidewall of that tire. Took it in to the local tire shop, & ordered 4 new tires, as the old ones were in need of replacement. When the new tires arrived, the shop tried to mount & balance all 4. They found 3 of the 4 rims were bent beyond their ability to repair. Looked on line for replacements, & found only 1 & that came with no return & no guarantee. The owner of the tire shop said he had good luck in the past dealing with a company in the Los Angeles area called Wheels America. He sent the 3 bent rims to them. They took almost a month to return, but for $125.00 each, I now have 4 true rims. A lot cheaper than new rims from the mother ship, which were over $800.00 each. Give them a try, or have your local tire shop call them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts