Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a detailing fanatic. I love to keep the SLK55 spotless. I have a 2008 with the multi-spoke "turbine" wheels. They are not impossible to keep clean, but difficult to get them really clean behind the spokes without removing the wheel. Does anybody have any suggestions for product or process(s)?

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,846 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea....I actually did. Just thought someone might have something Earth shattering....I was wrong :)

I am thinking of trying some Adam's product. I love their detail spray, cleaner, wash and most of all their leather treatment!

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,846 Posts
Did you resolve your 'new' car issues you reported when you picked it up? just askin'

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Any of the reputable brake metal removers, followed by a good washing, then a sealer (I use Carlack/Klasse/Werkstatt) and then I use HYDRO2 from Carpro - seems to keep the black dust off longer and cleans quite easily. I only do the sealer every couple of months - the sealer / Hydro2 combo seems to work quite well.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Hi All
I have been looking into Gtechniq C5 wheel Armour (they say if applied correctly should last over 2 years) , I have coated the Black gloss painted rims on one of our Smart fortwo about 3 weeks ago , Its looking good only cleaned them once so far & really they did not need cleaning , they bead up very nice & feel very smooth , I will be get the rim on our SLK refurbished very soon & should be using the same Gtechniq C5 on them as well . All the reviews & write ups look like the future go to coating, You can still apply waxes over the top .

Cheers

Andy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts