Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking through Craig's list for a set of AMG wheels that might fit my car. I have found this list of confirmed wheel combinations from our site here:
Mercedes-Benz Fitting Chart and Wheel Fitment Guide | Alloy Wheels Direct
I attached the section that I am interested in.
My question is, how much latitude do I have as far as diameter/width/offset combinations as there are many wheel sets that came around on later year cars?
What should I look out for?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
24,928 Posts
Can't advise on sizes but check local laws on whether wheels can protrude.

The reason they cam up with pigs ears (the little fairing behind rear wheels)
was to comply with regs in some areas that wheels cannot protrude beyond the bodywork.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Can't advise on sizes but check local laws on whether wheels can protrude.

The reason they cam up with pigs ears (the little fairing behind rear wheels)
was to comply with regs in some areas that wheels cannot protrude beyond the bodywork.
This is america, there are no laws :p

Offset is the biggest one. The wider you go on tires then the less fudge factor you have. I would stay within about 5mm on offset if you are running the normal 225/245 setup.

·
Super Moderator
24,928 Posts
This is america, there are no laws :p

Offset is the biggest one. The wider you go on tires then the less fudge factor you have. I would stay within about 5mm on offset if you are running the normal 225/245 setup.
Maybe in Fl, but in Ca even exhaling has emission limits :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Offset

With everything the same, if you increase offset, does the wheel move in or out from the mounting position?

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
With everything the same, if you increase offset, does the wheel move in or out from the mounting position?
Higher offset moves wheels IN (but can be remedied with spacers, tho' not often recommended)... lower offsets move wheels OUT (protrude more outside the wheel arches).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts