Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok, so we've all been stopped for speeding. we've probably all tried to talk our way out of the ticket or given some sort of excuse. what was your best excuse?

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Pseudoephedrine and a head cold.

Not a very good excuse (although true), but it did get me off.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
I tried "My Friends sick and he needs someone to take him to the Doctor" didnt work.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I feel like very protective of everyones safety on the road and thought i'd make sure you equipment was working. ;) just thought of that.. may try it next time

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
I feel like very protective of everyones safety on the road and thought i'd make sure you equipment was working. ;) just thought of that.. may try it next time
Very convincing.;)

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
It was the green civic that was speeding, I drive a green bmw, it was not an excuse, it was the truth, didn't work. I was going 80mph on a 75mph zone, he said I was going 110, he said the civic isn't capable of going over 100mph. It was in New Mexico, only a $55 fine, no points, not even reported, my insurance never knew about it. It was not worth my time and effort to fight it. It would had been more than $55.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
The liquor store is about to close!!!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
True story: As a Trooper I clocked an older lady going 79/55 as I pulled her over she jumped from the car said "Ill be right back" and ran into the woods. Moments later she returned and was furious. Young man, if you had not stopped me I would have made the service station rest room. Knowing her as a school teacher from the small town I was stationed in and having never seen her drive over 30mph, I began to laugh. I apologized for inconveniencing her and bid her a nice day with no lecture or ticket.
Another short one: stopped a young man for speeding, as he exited his car he said: why you stoppin me?" I told him he was speeding to which he replied, "You must have been clocking my rpm's cause my clutch is slipping". The judge didn't buy it either. You cannot fix STUPID. Ron White comedian. :butt: :butt: :butt: :butt: :butt: honest officer my car shakes when I get over 55 mph. Heard all the excuses. :hb: :hb: :hb:

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
how about i wasn't actually travelling faster, but the world was spinning faster. doesn't your radar equipment account for that?

obviously wouldn't work in Tx as they still think it it's flat. ;)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
What, its not flat???? The heck you say. Looks flat to me. :butt: :butt: Minds me of a story: We were approachin an airport from the east, runway was North and South. I said to my Dad, "That sure is a short runway", not to be out done he said"Yea but it sure is wide ain't it". :rb :rb :rb :rb

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:biglaugh: No excuse necessary, I don't speed, smoke, cuss, joke, do dope, drink cokes, make fun of the pope...... See ya in heaven (that's a destination, not to be confused with religion, which is a no-no on this forum.

·
Founding Member #5
170 Posts
Does the 11-99 Foundation help??

Just asking.....

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Does the 11-99 Foundation help??

Just asking.....
Nope. This is from someone else who's got 11-99 license plate frames on his SLK 55.

I don't have an excuse, as I try to stay within the speed limit. :D

Knock on wood: haven't had a speeding ticket or any ticket for that matter.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well, Doug (and others) here's the best one i've heard. also a true story. it was early one sunday morning several years ago. sunday morings are typically pretty slow... the wild ones are sleeping in from their saturday night escapades and most of the traffic on the roads are folks going to Church. i was on my way to my first morning stop, breakfast (NO, not coffee and donoughts). i see this blue honda car going about 20 over the posted speed limit and oops, he runs a red light.

so i catch up to him and stop him. he tells me, "thank God you stopped me officer." well this catches me off-guard so i bite and ask, "ok why's that?" he asks me if i saw the truck that was following him.well, no i really wasn't paying attention to anyone else once i saw him zooming by. he goes on to tell me that the truck following him was being driven by his ex-wife's new boyfriend. out of concern for his safety i asked the guy, "is he violent? are you afraid of him?" he said, "yeah i'm afraid, i'm afraid he's gonna try to give her back!"

obviously he was joking and that my friends was the best laugh i'd had in a long time... and for him no ticket.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.