Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just picked up my first slk, it's 2001 with 108000 miles, and it drives great! I got for just $2000 though cuz it had a lot of problems, when I got it a few days ago it had been in a front end collision ruining the hood, front left fender and bumper and head lights, also took out the radiator and stuff but that was all replaced before I got it. There was also a problem with the top, in that it doesn't go down and the trunk was locked shut, the guy I bought it from had never had the trunk opened or the top down, also the key fob would make the lights flash but the car wouldn't lock or unlock, which sacked because the gas cap was locked shut and we couldn't get in the trunk to open it. Also the back window had been busted in and the radio was stolen(it was siting behind a shop for a little while)

So now roughly $700 after the initial 2k I have fixed the trunk, opens and closes great, replaced the rear window, fixed the pse pump so all the doors lock and unlock like they should, installed a sweet radio with blue tooth, wired it into the stock factory microphone which works great with hands free calling, got a less beat up hood on it and I have some fancy new projector headlights in the mail that will be here Monday, they have that halo ring around the headlights and they're coming with a 6000k hid kit to wire them all up, which is that freakishly bright white light, not that cheapo blue hid kit

The car is all white with black rims and black accents, has brand new tires and drives fantastic.. Though it's not as quick as I was hoping for, will probably do that pulley upgrade eventually

For now I just want to get the top working and still need to pick out a bumper I want to buy, but that top is a tricky one

All in all I think it was a good deal and look forward to getting to meet some yall and hearing your great advice!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,641 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a datacard (options on your car) free.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK280
3,913 Posts
Hi Big red*, a warm welcome from Southern Arizona. Congratulations on your new ride. Sounds like a sweet deal and it is amazing how much you completed at such a low cost. Looking forward to seeing pictures. Enjoy the people, the forum, and top down cruisin'.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
Hi and welcome from the UK Midlands! :)

- Dave

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Welcome from Hillsboro, Oregon! Good luck with the repairs and upgrades. I think Kleemann does an underdrive pulley, and I know that Renntech used to. I'm pretty sure they'd plug in the CAD file and machine you one if you asked. It does make a difference...wife wouldn't let me upgrade our C230 Kompressor with the same motor, but I did drive the Renntech demonstrator (a 2002 C230 Coupe, W203). Noticeably quicker than our car, for the same engine and weight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts