Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not one to leave the roof down when leaving it parked when I pop into the shops, coming from a S2000 the roof only took 8 seconds to open or close.

What's the worse thing people have thrown into yours?

I think I'm gonna have to get a smart top gadget thing pretty soon.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,465 Posts

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
I agree with Jeff. I never leave my SLK with the roof down, but then again I have a SmartTop. Click, Click, Click :)

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
305 Posts
People throw things in... really?
I mean- I can see it happening on rare occasion, but often enough to pose the question: "...what's the worst thing...?" lol

Perhaps I've become naive by not living in a big city for a long time.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,465 Posts
They don't. Depends on part of town and where you are flaunting it. And your top should be up when out of sight. Even locking it locks all gloveboxes but why take a chance.

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
305 Posts
^^ Right, one of my reasons for always putting the top up would be to keep the interior cleaner.

But then again... OCD...

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK350
18,437 Posts
Never had anything tossed into the SLK, but did have a Silver Dollar placed under the wiper blade of my Cuda years ago in Virginia City NV.

·
Banned
801 Posts
I've had the top slashed on a convertible. The lesson learned is to not lock the doors on a car with a cloth convertible top.

On a car like an SLK, leaving the top down could result in having the seats slashed or someone dumping some crap on them. The lesson here is anything you value you had better protect.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see lots of other cars in the UK with their tops left down, I've even seen burgers and wrappings thrown into convertibles when at the sea front. I guess people think it's funny to do that. Hrmmmm.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
712 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
846 Posts
On a nice sunny summer day I parked my car at an upscale restaurant/patio in downtown Vancouver. I was just going to be inside for a few minutes and it was a "security-patrolled" private lot just beside the restaurant. Doors locked but top down. Came out to find someone had thrown 2 people into my car. Yep, a well-dressed guy and girl were sitting IN the car admiring it. I was about to become irate but their compliments were so genuine I let it go.

Gordon

·
Registered
85 Posts
Spent a few hours cleaning the interior and buffeting the leather seats...I was on the road in front of my home as I do not have a front parking space (London)...I was applying the finishing touches with the top down when three jungsters in a car passed by and threw water in the car from a bottle and on me...still hope it was water...I could have killed them but left too fast for me to.
Hope there really is a Karma of sort...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.