Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We purchased our 2005 350 about seven months ago. I'm going to start looking for an independent so that a I have a place to take it when I need service work done.

I assume that any shop that I deal with should have STAR diagnostic equipment. Is there a version of STAR that is more up to date than others and if so, what should I be asking for?

Thanks

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
2,223 Posts
We purchased our 2005 350 about seven months ago. I'm going to start looking for an independent so that a I have a place to take it when I need service work done.

I assume that any shop that I deal with should have STAR diagnostic equipment. Is there a version of STAR that is more up to date than others and if so, what should I be asking for?

Thanks
If it is a shop that does any volume of MB work then they should have a fairly recent update of the software side of the tool. Otherwise, they would not be able to work on the newest models that they would have in their shop.

Your SLK uses the DAS - Diagnostic Assistance System, which at this point is MBs older system, while newer MB cars use the Xentry system. The two versions of the software come bundled together so I would expect any busy shop would have an update that was not more than about a year old. But even if it was a bit older, I would not be concerned with a 2005 car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts