Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi guys n girls

just bought this fantastic car slk 350 amg pack ect wow what a car 2004 plate with 41000 on the clock .
My question too everyone whats the best thing about your slk any little hints and tips too get the best out of it replys most welcome :rb.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Where would one start??

The gearbox (6spd MT on the 350 is THE way to go).
The Engine
The handling
The colour
The interior
The toys
The performance.

Each of them individually (except for the colour!! )are OK.put the whole package together, and it's not a bad car.

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
Where would one start??

The gearbox (6spd MT on the 350 is THE way to go).
The Engine
The handling
The colour
The interior
The toys
The performance.

Each of them individually (except for the colour!! )are OK.put the whole package together, and it's not a bad car.
If i lived in the UK sheep chasing would be on my list :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I HAVE FOUND IT TOO DATE THE BEST CAR I HAVE EVER DRIVEN the speed ,toys ,comfort,style are all too good for words why are there not many out there ?

·
17,375 Posts
I HAVE FOUND IT TOO DATE THE BEST CAR I HAVE EVER DRIVEN the speed ,toys ,comfort,style are all too good for words why are there not many out there ?
Basically because they are just a toy. Not necessarily one of the best out there, but generally not a good, all round, family type, daily driver type car. They are of no use to the vast majority of the car buying public. If they were, then the 'vast majority' would have one, and there would be more out there :)

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
I like it because its a great car to own and drive. Mine is one of only two GREEN cars in here :) so that makes it a bit exclusive and everyone thinks I am as rich as Woolly :biglaugh:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what i ment too say was why do more people who own roadsters not have one my friend owns a boxter in gaurds red lovely car fast reliable i thought that was a great car . but i jumped into this thing and its by and far 3x better in all areas too the boxter except maybe the manual gearbox in the boxter .

·
17,375 Posts
Auto box you get more for your money. One extra gear LOL
Apart from not being able to control your car properly, look at the number of reported gearbox problems just on this forum:-

Manual Transmission - 0 as in zero, none, nada
Automatic Boxes - Gazillions, lots, heaps, loads, (ok, quite a lot!!)

QED :)

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:My thoughts-
1. Classy Mercedes
2. Beautiful styling
3. Two seater
4. It's a convertible
5. It's a hardtop convertible.
6. Fairly exclusive in central Virginia

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Apart from not being able to control your car properly, look at the number of reported gearbox problems just on this forum:-

Manual Transmission - 0 as in zero, none, nada
Automatic Boxes - Gazillions, lots, heaps, loads, (ok, quite a lot)

QED :)

shhhhhh dont tempt fate. I only appear to be as well off as you LOL a busted gearbox would put me off the road for good :(

·
17,375 Posts
shhhhhh dont tempt fate. I only appear to be as well off as you LOL a busted gearbox would put me off the road for good :(
But look on the bright side - if your over-complicated box of slush ( :) ) decided to throw it's hand in, you could replace it with a proper transmission and end up with a 'proper' sports-car :biglaugh: (seriously though but, touch wood, I hope you don't have any problems with it).

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
But look on the bright side - if your over-complicated box of slush ( :) ) decided to throw it's hand in, you could replace it with a proper transmission and end up with a 'proper' sportscar :biglaugh: (touch wood, I hope you don't haveproblems with it).
I had my "proper" sports car fun in my MX5 I like the smooth effortless power of the 7 speed and I can always press the M button and use the paddles :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.