Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where axactly this aluminum rod stay in the trunk? I tried to slide it all the way down and it always slip under a bit after driving around.

Attachments

·
Registered
734 Posts
Trying to attach some photos here.

1: Blind retracted
2: Blind deployed 1
3: Blind deployed 2

Will have to add 1 photo per post, cos I can't currently upload to Flickr for some reason.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Will try to upload from my PC later.

Looking at the photo again, it looks to me as if the loading blind is intact.

I think the rod may have been installed by a previous owner as a loading gauge.

Does the blind work correctly?

i.e. When fully deployed, does the combination of the front (where front is the one you pul to deploy the blind) and back rods make a definite angle in the blind, where it's firmly held in place by the back rod then rises up at a steep angle to the front rod?

If that's the case, I think I may be correct.

Pics will be added ASAP, but kids doing homework on PC ATM and I daren't disturb.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got it, it should be the middle part on your picture to push the blind down a bit when deployed. There is a pocket liner underneath the blind to hold the rod in and on mine, the leather liner was broken.
Thanks for the picture.
Now i need to find some good leather or vinyl glue. any recommendation?

·
Registered
734 Posts
I use superglue for everything, so I don't think I'm your most reliable guide to adhesives. I know this cos I'm always being told off by my friends who insist on using a different glue for every material.

·
Registered 2011 SLK300
427 Posts
I have given up on super glue. I am now a big fan of Gorilla Glue. That stuff is incredible. Only drawback is that it has to be clamped. It is not an instant glue. I have yet to find anything it won't stick together.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.