Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 455 Posts

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
DON'T POST YOUR INTRO IN THIS THREAD
DON'T WELCOME MEMBERS IN THIS THREAD

THIS THREAD IS JUST FOR WHAT THE SIGNIFICANCE OF A MEMBER'S USERNAME MEANS, ETC.

INTRODUCTIONS GET POSTED HERE:

We want to welcome you properly so post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already. http://www.slkworld.com/new-members-introduce-yourself-here/

It's interesting to see all the different user names and I was wondering what the meaning is behind some of them without getting too personal.

For Example: sulley007 is part of my last name. When joining forums sulley is usually taken so I had to get creative. Always been a James Bond fan so thought I'd combine them. It's always been available when registering on a forum!

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Cold Shot is a combo name. A good friend was Stevie Ray Vaughan, and he produced a song with cold shot in it. I was at his last concert, and in the parking lot when his chopper crashed.

It's also a name I earned - the Cold part - when I was doing M&A work for some F350 companies. Not proud of that. Say no more.

Other handles/nicknames: Spider, Scivi, and the X-rated stuff my wife calls me.

Great thread idea Ken.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Raiha is a character from an old anime i used to watch and which ever forum/game I was using/playing at the time the username was taken so I put in a X at the end.

It has stuck with me till this day...

·
Registered
357 Posts
Well the rl is my first and middle name initials and the bawk is a shortened version of my last name. Other nicknames include Hotshot (license plate is HT SHOT) and from work way back...Bangem, another mispronunciation of my last name.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Well the rl is my first and middle name initials and the bawk is a shortened version of my last name. Other nicknames include Hotshot (license plate is HT SHOT) and from work way back...Bangem, another mispronunciation of my last name.
now you got me curious to your last name... bawk and bangem lol!

·
Registered
940 Posts
slkluv is pretty self explanatory. I love my SLK and SLKS in general. Thought slklove sounded a bit cheezy so I shortened it to slkluv

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
I don't think our friend V8SLK needs to explain himself :)

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Still the man with the best avatar and photos on the site from when you toasted those shoes. And we share a name...I go by David but my family knows me as Randy...my middle name. Not too many of us around any more.

·
aka Denny
196 Posts
Good topic.

Carver comes from the snowboarding and skateboarding sense of carving. Something I don't do much of these days.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Good topic.

Carver comes from the snowboarding and skateboarding sense of carving. Something I don't do much of these days.
I was in to that when then urathane wheels hit. Begged my parents for a Hobie board in 1978. Ripped my thumb off my right hand on a home built ramp. Came off the ramp and landed on the saw we built it with. Painful...but not half as painful as telling my old man I used his saw to put me in the ER. Saw the Hobie team on their first US tour. Still have the first issue of Skateboarding Mag around in one of these boxes.

Damn...I feel freakin' old!!!

EDIT: I had a scar on my hand by my thumb from that accident that was always a part of me. I just looked at my right hand for the first time in a long time - really looked at it - and the scar is now almost completely gone. I guess time does heal all wounds. In some way, I'll miss that scar.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Simplicity (the state, quality, or an instance of being simple). Less is better for me. When I first joined eBay back in 1999, my login was my first, last names with my internet provider. Way too long to type in regularaly. I realized I wanted something short and simple. I started using a variation of 1. My user ID on one forum is actually 1. Most forums require a minimum of three characters, so I settled on -1-. No arrogance of superiority intended.

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
Jones is very common and usually taken. Once as a young student pilot, I strayed into Mexico by accident and my friends started pronouncing my name with a Spanish accent. "Honez" was my nickname for a bit, but now I just change the S to a Z for the User Name.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I work for a multinational Aluminum company. I started in the UK where H9 is a common alloy, I was incharge of all the metal coming into the plant so was known as the ally(aluminum) man so h9 aly man.:)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Snowby in memory of my beloved dog - he past away last Feb.
He was named after Snowby which is white Terrier from the French Cartoon TinTin. I like to call him Snowby as "Snow Baby", Hui is my wife's last name as she brought him home originally.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Wow, very interesting thread. I picked up the nickname "MJ" many years ago as an accronym for "Mighty Joe".
I used to compete in martial arts and fought all over the USA fighting the best guys in the Country. I picked up the tag line because I fought as a Heavyweight and was big at the time 6' 2" 240lbs.

And, no...I'm too old to fight now....so I just run away as fast as I can in my Sweet SLK55!!!R)

MJ

·
Registered
357 Posts
Still the man with the best avatar and photos on the site from when you toasted those shoes. And we share a name...I go by David but my family knows me as Randy...my middle name. Not too many of us around any more.
Thank you CS..That was a fun few minutes but my car smelled liked burnt rubber for several days.

1 - 20 of 455 Posts