Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
*Registered
2008 SLK55 AMG with P30
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
There she/he is.
Photo from the dealer website and I haven’t taken any of my own yet.

But I have to say it was a dream to drive home, despite the hammering rain.
Honestly, not quite as quick as Jarvis but just beautiful to drive in every other way. Cant wait for a sunny day to get out for a proper drive.

happy Jester today, despite having to say goodbye to my beloved Jarvis today.

·
*Registered
2010 SLK55 AMG
1,165 Posts
I think you and I have the same engine builder!

Unfortunately, that's the best photo I could find of mine.
Font Gas Rectangle Artifact Circle

·
*Registered
2010 SLK300
22 Posts
Interesting. That's cheap compared to SLK55's in Australia. A quick search shows R171 SLK55's asking prices are $ AUD 67k to 99k (that's £35k to £52k) for a 2005 - 2008 car with 50k to 70k km (31k to 43k miles).

·
*Premium Member
2006 SLK55 AMG "JimmieZ"
89 Posts
Hi all,

just wondering if i’m mad, but I’m thinking about paying top money for a low mileage r171 Slk55 in very rare colour, all the options, including P30.

one owner car, 2008 model, very low miles, full main dealer history etc etc.

it’s one that won’t come up very often.

I’d need to let Jarvis go in part exchange.

what you pay for the ‘perfect’ SLK55?

thanks,

Jester
The 55 is an amazingly fun little car. Go for it. When I was looking for my '06 the most important thing to me was that it be a one owner.

·
*Registered
2008 SLK280
715 Posts
The problem with paying a large sum for a low mileage vehicle is that if you use them, say 10k per year then very soon they are no longer a low mileage vehicle and hence the value drops drastically.
Our, or should I say the OHs SLK was high priced and with 26k something miles on it and in superb condition. However, it was bought on the basis that it would see little use and 4.5 years later it has added 3.5k miles. Now if she had done 10k miles a year it would now have 70k miles on it and its value would have plummeted.

·
*Registered
2008 SLK55 AMG with P30
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Yup, this will be a keeper and will do less than 4K per annum, hence always be relatively low mileage.

crazy prices in Aus by the looks of it. Let’s hope the UK follows!

ps. Jarvis is now up for sale at the same dealer at £17,995. Very good car. If anyones considering it, PM me If you would like any additional information.

·
*Registered
2007 SLK55 AMG
6 Posts
I found a mint SLK 55 AMG, black on black with all options with 101k miles, all service records. I had my Mercedes dealership inspect engine and see if the condition of all the components were sufficient to be able to upgrade with a stage 2 or 3 supercharger and they gave the green light even with 100k miles. private seller was asking 17k USD, I paid $15k cash and have loved every minute of driving it. I have two E63 AMGs, 2007 and 2013. Since I bought the SLK in April of 2021, I have put on 18k miles, and only a few hundred on the Es. Even though this car books at around 10k, I would buy again and again.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts