Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you found someone scratching your car? How about slaming the door against it? Be specific.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Any answer given to this question can and will be used against you in a court of law!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
There's a huge difference in my reactions based on intent. Is it done on purpose or was it by accident? If it was intentional, somebody's gonna wind up in jail.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Well, if I still had my Fiero GT. I would just bounce the door off thier car and say, gee, plastic, no ding, your metal car, ding!

On the SLK, I flagged down a passing police officer, had them written up for leaving the scene of an accident, then sent the repair bill.

·
Registered 2007 SLK200
820 Posts
there will definitely be blood if the guy purposely did that to my car....

either mine or his depending who is bigger :(

·
Registered
405 Posts
Really depends on my perception of their intent. If it seemed unintentional they'd probably get a useless verbal tongue lashing.

If it was an intentional thing It would take some willpower not to rattle their head off the windshield (providing I could actually overpower them). However, I'm sure my common sense would prevail and I would follow the "legal" route. There's no real sense in going to jail and suffering penalties for another person's ignorance.

D

·
0 Posts
There's a huge difference in my reactions based on intent. Is it done on purpose or was it by accident? If it was intentional, somebody's gonna wind up in jail.
Big ditto, if it was an accident and they are sorry well accidents happen, you can get a lot of little dings 'popped' out for next to nothing anyways so i would just ask them for some repair money.

If it was intentional well it depends on the circumstances, would probably just get a pic of the damage and the number plate of the offending car then call the cops who can trace the plate, unfortunately police in the UK don't really care about little cretins scratching car's (no money in it) so if they where on foot i would probably throw them about a little bit.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,205 Posts
my boys from the bronx will be over shortly. Vinnie! Louie!!! take care of this for me!

Steven Van Zandt as Silvio: "I would suggest something in the way of, uh, of an apology."

Frank Vincent: "We decapitate and we do business with whatever's left."

James Gandolfini: "Don't do it! I'm warnin' you! Do not do it!!"

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
On the SLK, I flagged down a passing police officer, had them written up for leaving the scene of an accident, then sent the repair bill.
Ditto on this.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Ever seen Unforgiven with Clint Eastwood? :biglaugh:

I would love to think the cops would pursue the issue if I filed a report with all relevant info, but I don't have much faith in that. I'd probably just confront them and say that "I have "big" friends on SLKworld that will hunt you down!"

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ask this because the other day I was washing my car and as i saw the door line from the front tire level i saw it was impacted. It's barely noticeable but it's there, very unsettling. I began to think what i would do if I catched the person that did this.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I know this is strange, but I find a lot of women love to pose and take pictures ON my car here in South Beach. More accuratly, they like to get ***** Pics (not nude) with them sitting on the hood and the big logo between their open legs. This has happened, that I have seen, more than five times.

Well, last week I came out and there were girls doing it again. They left and went around the corner. When I got home and got my quick detailer to remove the smudge from the hood, I noticed the bitch put a small dent just above and to the right of the logo! I cannot push it out because of the double wall of the hood.

I hope the Dent Wizard can get it out nicely. Women will think I'm a cad for putting a sign in the window "No fat-asses (except mine) on my car" but maybe I will have to come up with some way to stop the practice. Maybe a front plate or sticker right under the logo saying STANKY!!!

While this is not as upsetting as the guy who purposely dinged my door, it does suck. Whenever I get a picture taken of me with a car I think is cool, I never actually touch it or lean on it. People need to show some respect!

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
I know this is strange, but I find a lot of women love to pose and take pictures ON my car here in South Beach. More accuratly, they like to get ***** Pics (not nude) with them sitting on the hood and the big logo between their open legs. This has happened, that I have seen, more than five times.

Well, last week I came out and there were girls doing it again. They left and went around the corner. When I got home and got my quick detailer to remove the smudge from the hood, I noticed the bitch put a small dent just above and to the right of the logo! I cannot push it out because of the double wall of the hood.

I hope the Dent Wizard can get it out nicely. Women will think I'm a cad for putting a sign in the window "No fat-asses (except mine) on my car" but maybe I will have to come up with some way to stop the practice. Maybe a front plate or sticker right under the logo saying STANKY!!!

While this is not as upsetting as the guy who purposely dinged my door, it does suck. Whenever I get a picture taken of me with a car I think is cool, I never actually touch it or lean on it. People need to show some respect!
When I was a young man, I used to own a red Porsche that I usually left parked on the street. I came out one morning to go to work and found two girls in fur coats posing and taking photos of them selves lying on my hood. Although they did no damage, I was astonished that anyone would go lay on someone else's car! I'm still amazed when I think about it...

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had the car out form the dealer about two days. I went to a disco and parked right in front, from inside i was two kids sitting on the hood, like literraly siting on the hood from the side with their feet perched up on the wheel. Im like"are these kids crazy?" this is a really expensive car. I turned on the alarm and they didnt get off, I went inside to car to make like i was doing something and they didn't get off. I finally went up to them and told them to get off. and they did as soon as i turned my back there they were again. I had to smack one on the back, like hey little dude get off my car. Needless to say it is scratched from where they got on and off with their jeans, that have some metal buttons, I still look at it and get angry. I should've called their parents or soemthing.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Be calm is the very first reaction. Two weeks ago someone smashed two doors of my ML and run out. I called the police and they are still looking for, but I have no expectations about getting them.

Meanwhile I took it to the shop and costed me 1.500 euros:mad:

What more can I say!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just got my SLK back from the body shop- $1200 in refinishing for a keying incident two weeks ago... If I'd seen them doing it, they wouldn't have been able to walk away.

Anyway, I'm already working on an in-SLK security camera system.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.