Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· *Registered
2019 SLC300
3,145 Posts
I sold it as I wanted to move into a newer model. Then after I sold it, I wished I had it back. Ever moving forward tho. It was a fun car.
Wanting a newer model. I once owned a 170, 171, and now a 172. Each time wanted a newer model. I loved all the older models but enjoyed the 172. With each newer model, you move from a light sports car to something with more space and comfort. I drive mine daily and enjoy every minute of it.

· *Premium Member
2014 SLK55 AMG
1,229 Posts
Not sure if they already told you but:
1. No solid color roof car, will leak, repair is roof replacement with panoramic version
2. No red cars unless documentation of repaint already performed

· *Registered
21 Posts
I bought a very low milage 350 2012 last May that had 18k miles. This car came out of Texas and for the most part was very well taken care of. Honestly these cars (IMOP) are no different then mostly anything thing else. The only real exception is the roof. I'd make sure it works smoothly and the seals are in good shape. Outside of that I'd be checking things like I would do on any car, Engine runs and sounds good, transmission shifts well, no corrosion underneath, AC works, all controls work, etc. My car has been fantastic . I did put new tires and replaced the brake pads and rotors with more high performance ones. I can tell you that the V6 is so smooth at idle that I think the motor shuts off. I plan on keeping this a very long time. We've done two trips in it which were a blast, one in to southern AZ , The Devils Highway and the other to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and the car was comfortable and a blast to drive. If I had one negative it would be the transmission. I so wish it was a dual clutch one instead of an automatic. In manual its simply not as responsive as a DCT. Outside of that its the perfect car for me at this time of my life.
Last April I bought my 2013 SLK that out of Texas 85K miles and the car is spotless in every detail, have not had any issue with it so far🤞🤞🤞Top is excellent,

· *Registered
2014 SLK350
657 Posts
Sold our 2007 SLK350 and got the 2014 SLK 350 version. Paid $25.4K in early 2020 for this one with 34K miles. Did recently have to just put on new front brakes and discs at 46K miles. So far no issues other than normal maintenance stuff. Love the newer interior. The ventilation system is much better on the new one however to me the sound of the engine was better on the old one.

I would recommend you have it inspected by the dealer or your local indy shop and also see if there are any codes present.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts