Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· *Registered
Looking for a 2013 SLK350
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Been a while since I visited the Forum. Sold my 05 SLK350 and I am looking at a 2013 SLK350 with less that 50k on it. Body/Interior are excellent but not sure what to "Watch Out For" mechanically. Hoping the Forum can give me some guidance on known mechanical issues along with what comes next at 50k for maintenance.

Thanks, Robbie

· Founding Member 2006
116,070 Posts
we will update your profile to say looking

· *Registered
2012 SLK350
12 Posts
I bought a very low milage 350 2012 last May that had 18k miles. This car came out of Texas and for the most part was very well taken care of. Honestly these cars (IMOP) are no different then mostly anything thing else. The only real exception is the roof. I'd make sure it works smoothly and the seals are in good shape. Outside of that I'd be checking things like I would do on any car, Engine runs and sounds good, transmission shifts well, no corrosion underneath, AC works, all controls work, etc. My car has been fantastic . I did put new tires and replaced the brake pads and rotors with more high performance ones. I can tell you that the V6 is so smooth at idle that I think the motor shuts off. I plan on keeping this a very long time. We've done two trips in it which were a blast, one in to southern AZ , The Devils Highway and the other to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and the car was comfortable and a blast to drive. If I had one negative it would be the transmission. I so wish it was a dual clutch one instead of an automatic. In manual its simply not as responsive as a DCT. Outside of that its the perfect car for me at this time of my life.

· *Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information and straight forward input concerning the auto trans. I really enjoyed my 05 and I am looking forward to finding the right R172. I drove my 05 thru parts of Colorado Rockies Front Range and it performed well. Had a switch problem on my roof and jbanks provided great guidance. Any other info concerning mechanical glitches that have been found is greatly appreciated.

· *Registered
2012 SLK350
12 Posts
Thanks for the information and straight forward input concerning the auto trans. I really enjoyed my 05 and I am looking forward to finding the right R172. I drove my 05 thru parts of Colorado Rockies Front Range and it performed well. Had a switch problem on my roof and jbanks provided great guidance. Any other info concerning mechanical glitches that have been found is greatly appreciated.
So far nothing but good with my car. I did replace the coolant along with brake fluid and oil. I'll probably do a oil analysis at the next oil change just for the hell of it. I did apply silicon to all the seals on the roof and else where. I'm really surprised how great the MPG is 27-29 around town and 33 on the highway at 80 mph. This car just keeps running better and better the more I drive it. I do also use Lucas Fuel Injection Treatment with every fill up in all my cars for the last 15 years as I'm a big believer in that product, so that might have something to do with it. My car came with the AMG upgraded suspension and I'm very impressed with how well it handles which says a lot for a almost 70 year old ex SCCA racer lol. Hope you find what you're looking for!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

· *Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Beautiful with the red leather. The one I am looking at is the same color (Iridium Silver) with Sahara Beige interior. The mechanicals look good so far. Great options on it.

· Founding Member 2006
116,070 Posts

· Founding Member 2006
116,070 Posts
get the vin
give me the vin
get datacard

· *Registered
2014 SLK350 AMG
64 Posts
i recently upgraded from 2011 slk200 to 2014 SLK350 and i love it so far apart from the noisy fuel pump which is normal according to mb mechanic.

the things id look for are the following:
  1. roof seals - no cracks or sign of dryness
  2. solid roof - no de lamination; poly and glass roof - no cracks
my suggestion is to hose down the roof and see if there are any signs of leaks.

enjoy!

· Founding Member 2006
116,070 Posts
Standby

· Founding Member 2006
116,070 Posts
Here ya go!!

Attachments

· Founding Member 2006
116,070 Posts
Another version of your datacard

Attachments