Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going from 16's to 17's next. I have really enjoyed my conti all weather. Could anyone chime in as to what I should expect going from 16's to 17's? smoother ride? more road grip?

She will be put away for the winter, no snow. But rain sure... as it would be today or any other summer day if I get stuck in it.

Also, since I am changing wheel size, is there something other than conti's I should be looking at? Everyone has their own opinions but I need a good all weather tire.

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,103 Posts
We get so much rain in Florida and many times the roads can be slick as ice. I wanted a tire that would channel the water and eliminate hydroplaning. I looked everywhere for a good tire when I changed wheel sizes and found the Nexen 3000. I don't hydroplane at all! They hold the road and are quiet.

I wouldn't buy any other tire, and they last. Preston had them on his car when he bought it (they weren't new) and really liked them, they lasted a good 25,000 miles with a 20 yo driving a manual beating the heck out of them.

They aren't all season for ya'll up north, but if you're not driving Bella in the winter then it doesn't matter. The tires are probably the most important part of your car...they keep you on the road. jmho

http://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Reviews/Nexen/N3000

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK280
3,899 Posts
I went from the stock 16" wheels to aftermarket 17" wheels after the first month of owning the car. The ride is a tad bit firmer, but still quite comfortable. I have no regrets and the even more discerning vote comes from the better half who also agrees (and trust me if she didn't like the ride I would certainly hear about it). lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts