Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Per ardua ad cineris.
1,039 Posts
In your car, near to the handbrake, you will find a control that is so rarely used, you will have forgotten its function,
No, not the mirror control, the one next to it.
Give it a tug, see what happens.

And remember that "Slip, slap, slop" goes with "Clunk, click, every trip".

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,275 Posts
we here in the states, mean that to be it has stopped raining?

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK350
3,730 Posts
was on late shift tonight so took the works van down one of my fave roads as it was a nice evening R) vans on a recovery truck now with a blown turbo he he he the sun always brings the petrol heads out

Reactions: Woolly

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol I washed the car this evening and couldn't resist taking it for a spin, 100 mph down the back empty roads, V8 roaring!! :rb Thought I would try that drying method out :D Shame there aren't any nice scenic routes around my neck of the woods :(

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Well, I'm gutted - I've got to do a couple of hours work in Leaholm in the North York Moors tomorrow morning. I wonder which car to take :)

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,728 Posts
Hi All

Well well well , this could be one of the very few days I could get the roof down on the way to work (7.00am) . yes Spudmuffin do not forget your hat if you work out how the roof works .

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
85 Posts
Never been happier to go to work,,, a nice drive down the M4 to Windsor then... continue on, past the office and off to Ascot, Virginia Water, and god knows where!! And the Chilterns on Saturday and....love my car...

·
17,375 Posts
Well, I've had a gruelling 2 hour day at work today!! - I still find it hard to believe I get paid for doing what I do. Top down all the way - only minor 3rd degree sunburn :)

Attachments

·
17,375 Posts
What do you do? Surveying? :) Nice pics, I just need an excuse to go somewhere!
Yup - tough job, but someone's got to do it - I'm sure it's all an excuse to provide Notwork Rail with empirical data to justify why the trains on their tracks run late!!

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,945 Posts
Looks like a gorgeous day, Woolly. I hope you guys will finally get that illusive summer that hasn't wanted to start yet.

·
17,375 Posts
Looks like a gorgeous day, Woolly. I hope you guys will finally get that illusive summer that hasn't wanted to start yet.
Durk, don't tell anyone darn saarf, but so far, it's not been a bad summer in NE England :)

·
3,730 Posts
Well, I've had a gruelling 2 hour day at work today!! - I still find it hard to believe I get paid for doing what I do. Top down all the way - only minor 3rd degree sunburn :)
you lucky ******* I spent the day fixing the van :( boss said your not in that flash car of yours when you are at work :burnout: ect ect ect hee hee hee hee

Attachments

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Didn't know fluff was a component of van engines :O

Wandering what to do in this nice weather, not used to getting it, lol.

·
Registered
85 Posts
So I finished early and went for a drive in the Chiltern, 27 degrees and top down of course
...after a while I felt a little tired...I HAD DRIVEN FOR 5 HOURS taking random lanes!!
Make the most of summer while it's with us!

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,527 Posts

·
3,730 Posts
Didn't know fluff was a component of van engines :O

Wandering what to do in this nice weather, not used to getting it, lol.
seams I had a slight fire in the engine bay :biglaugh: the fluff is all that's left of the heat shield . Drive it like you don't own it :burnout::burnout::burnout:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts