Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK350
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While getting to the MAF sensor of my '05 SLK350 for some proactive cleaning, I ran across this small black electrical connector which is not plugged into anything. What is is for?

Photo is taken looking toward the rear from the front of the engine. Connector is on the left side of the MAF sensor in the car and on the right side in the photo.

Thanks,
Jerry

Attachments

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK350
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just looked through WIS/DAS quickly and I have no idea what that connector could be.

is your car throwing an error or is it functioning normally?
No errors showing up using a BT OBDII and Torque. When I first got the car, there were a few regarding the front wheel speed, but they cleared after getting new tires. No CEL/SES light.

As far as I can tell, it's running fine. I've only owned the car for 7 weeks and have not driven another SLK350, so maybe I'm not experiencing the full performance available. But I doubt that - this thing is plenty fast! :grin:

Thanks,
Jerry

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK350
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have one too, also disconnected. Can you see the colors of the wires?

I'm guessing "factory diagnostic connection", but it could be anything!
One wire is red with a green stripe. The other is purple with a grey stripe.

The way the connector has the waterproof seal, it looks more like it's for a low wattage bulb or something more permanent that a test connector (which I'd expect to have a sealed cover during normal operation).

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK350
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PE07.61-U-2101-TD (wiring diagram for ME) shows it at the far right side... outlined in a box labelled U904 "Wiring harness installed but non-functional". The diagram shows it "connected" to Y16/2 "Heating system shutoff valve"
Well, there we go! Mystery solved. I won't worry about whether I missed making a connection. Thanks for digging that out the the wiring diagrams.

Jerry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.