Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the fastest *MPH* you guys went with the top down?
And top up?

BTW, Anyone here ever go to Englishtown, Raceway Park?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
where abouts r u in the Med MO? im heading off on a south med cruise on sunday.

great videos there TSlick..
ive been 140mph odd with roof down..was a beautiful day and miles of empty road.

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
im in mallorca spain, its a wonderful island but hotter than the cote d azur / french riviera. I am really enjoying it here, will be back in a months time hopefully, the sea is crystal clear enjoyed riding and getting pulled in the donut, swimming and just admiring the wonderful views. Thank you for asking guys.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I've had my 55 for two weeks now. Pushed it to 120 MPH so far.

I'm looking to Kleemann-ize over winter and get the EMC with the top speed limiter removed......

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
142, top down.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
With top down I found out that there was a 155mph limiter on the car about 2 months after having it, and about 3 months before finding the automotive forums to confirm that.

And i had a friend in the car. In retrospect, it was awfully stupid....but fun! Dont think i ever went over 120 for more than 3 seconds after that.

The car did feel rock solid tho.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Any worries about the wind deflector blowing off at high speeds when the top is down?

js
I've had the OEM plexiglass deflector on since new. My higher speeds are done with the windows up, mostly due to the wind noise, and I have had no issues. I run 100+ quite often for sustained periods with the windows down sometimes and the deflector appears very stable either way.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.