Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK350
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand the air con but can’t figure out what ‘rest’ means!

All suggestions welcome.

ATB: John.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
99,675 Posts
and the owner's manual says? :D :D

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
99,675 Posts
page 191 of your manual

Residual heat and ventilationWith the engine switched off, it is possible to continue to heat or ventilate the interior for up to 30 minutes. This feature makes use of the residual heat produced by the engine.ActivatingSwitch off the ignition (page 37).Press REST (page 184).The indicator lamp on the button comes on. The display in the automatic climate control panel remains switched off.DeactivatingPress REST (page 184) again.The indicator lamp on the button goes out.iHow long the system will provide heating depends onthe coolant temperaturethe temperature set by the operatorThe blower will run at speed setting1 regardless of the air volume control setting.iThe residual heat is automatically turned off:when the ignition is switched on (page 37)after about 30 minutesif the battery voltage dropsInformation Provided by:

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK350
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
page 191 of your manual

Residual heat and ventilationWith the engine switched off, it is possible to continue to heat or ventilate the interior for up to 30 minutes. This feature makes use of the residual heat produced by the engine.ActivatingSwitch off the ignition (page 37).Press REST (page 184).The indicator lamp on the button comes on. The display in the automatic climate control panel remains switched off.DeactivatingPress REST (page 184) again.The indicator lamp on the button goes out.iHow long the system will provide heating depends onthe coolant temperaturethe temperature set by the operatorThe blower will run at speed setting1 regardless of the air volume control setting.iThe residual heat is automatically turned off:when the ignition is switched on (page 37)after about 30 minutesif the battery voltage dropsInformation Provided by:
Thanks Jeff, that’s a comprehensive answer right there....

sorry I’ve not replied earlier my friend, I’m back at work teaching horrid kids that are all wearing masks and socially distancing. Crazy in a school of 1600 kids and over 100 staff.

You’ve saved me some trouble mate....

ATB: John.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts