Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my mercedes, and I am trying to figure out ways to get in the trunk, by way of seat removal, I have searched all over the place but I don't know what it is called the wall behind the seats of a 1999 SLK230. Is there a way to remove that and possibly get into the trunk. Reason for this is I have tried many different methods to get the trunk open, but no success. I don't want to take it to a dealer because I can't afford the MB dealer. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,402 Posts
moving to the r170 general discussion section

The diy section is for already made diys
Someone will respond if they can assist

·
97,402 Posts
rear panel part 10 good luck getting through there

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,054 Posts
Sometimes it's called a rear firewall...

And there's no way you'll get through there.

Reactions: bekim

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
5,065 Posts
Did you lock your keys in the trunk? Or has the trunk latch malfunctioned?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought the car that way, with the trunk problem, thinking I could get it opened, because the seller said a week ago that everything was working fine, but when a buyer was looking at the car he must have pulled something and since last week it doesn't open, so now the trunk doesn't open and the top doesn't go down, all I hear is something like a motor working when I try to open the top with the switch. I have tried turning the key to the left and trying to open the trunk but no good. Also I know that the top was working before that other buyer touched it, because of the photos the guy showed me on his phone with the date stamps.

·
Minion
5,602 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Please please please tell me how to manually open the top, because if I could get the top open there is a point when the trunk opens up and then the top starts to open also, I could get a look inside to see what maybe is stopping the trunk from opening

·
97,402 Posts
Someone will respond but have you searched, top right, 'open roof manually' or checked your manual?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, but all the instructions say that the trunk must be opened to have access to the hydraulics pressure release screw

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Someone will respond but have you searched, top right, 'open roof manually' or checked your manual?
Hmmm... sounds like a failed lock. Although you should be able to unlock it manually by inserting the key... Jeff, I know you pulled the leapyfish's signature where he had all links for roof troubleshooting a day or so ago. Still have that link?

·
97,402 Posts
yes, standby..

·
97,402 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks JaysonM, but unfortunately I can't even get my top moving because I feel there is some kind of obstruction inside of the trunk. Preventing the trunk from opening and also not allowing me to operate the top, opening or closing. I don't know what the previous owner did to this car for the top to not work. Right now I am feeling like pulling out the license plate and cutting a hole in that area to stick my hand in there to feel for a release spring, and then welding the piece back on again as a last resort. We will see I have not given up yet. I will get this trunk open, to correct this problem.

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,527 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.