Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered 2001 SLK230
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 SLK mint large kept 15,000 miles.

I purchased this car from a friend it has been garage kept and is perfect except for the dome light not working. I spent over $1,500 replacing sensors for the ABS system, oil change, brake fluid change. It is dark red with black interior.

It is a great car but I don't need it; insurance and garage rent are on going costs.

What is it worth?

·
Founding Member 2006
108,830 Posts
Are you selling it? then I can move this thread to the 4 sale section and you get to post pics and a price.

if not, go to KBB.com or edmundson's to get a price

·
Registered 2001 SLK230
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am thinking about selling it.

A 2001 with 15,000 miles is unusual and I don't think the sites like Edmunds are that meaningful.

I am looking for usual feedback at this time.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,830 Posts
without pictures, the members would just be guessing. you don't want guesses do you? :D

·
Founding Member 2006
108,830 Posts

·
Registered 2001 SLK230
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I paid more than that and invested in repairs. Sites like this just make small adjustment for miles driven; which are not reflective of a car that might one day be a collectors item.

I was thinking it was worth almost twice that amount.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,830 Posts

·
*Premium Member
2019 SLC300
2,858 Posts
A face-lift 170 price range is between 5,000 and 11,000 and prices are still going down. Investment you will need to keep it locked up for another 15 years and then it might be better than today. Low miles are not the best sometime if you are going to start driving it after 15 years of not driven much. You say you already spent money on replacing parts that normally do not need replacing at low miles.

·
*Premium Member
2004 SLK32 AMG
5,640 Posts
Me thinks you are still in love with the automobile? It is not a collector car which you might think. Beautiful, no doubt but will not bring twice the going price. Low mileage can only add so much. In my experience no more than 30 percent of retail. That would put you at around $11,000..........with the big "if" someone is willing to pay it. Good luck!?

·
Registered 2001 SLK230
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What makes a car a collector?

The car was never not driven, I did address the problems and preform normal maintenance. I have taken on a few highway trips of 300 miles and it drives nice and smooth; I had it up to 90 +/- and it had plenty of power.

I do like the car just don't use it much.

Thanks everyone for your input.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.