Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what does your screen name mean? some are pretty simple to figure out. mine's easy, my slk has a v8 motor, thus v8slk. some aren't so easy to figure out tho... so what does yours mean???

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Mine's a given...though I'm screwed if I replace it with a non-designo. I've already dropped the additional $8000 hint to my wife for a new one...in copper, of course. hehe

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
I was a lurker on another forum for a very long time (over a year). And finally, "Ynot" join in on the fun, I kept it simple and used 'Ynot' every forum I go.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
for years, I've had blonde hair, bit woollyish, but like Hendrix - bit sheep like on a celt/blondish caucasian, but everyone has to have a hobby - don't knock it, till you try it - :bike::bike::bike:

p.s. My Norwegian friend....

Attachments

·
Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,092 Posts
Well...I'll let you all guess on mine! :tu:

here's a hint.... I drive one and I am one...No No No that sounds REAL bad! LOL

Let's try again ... My car is one and I am the other! Yea, that's it. :rb

SLKman:tu:

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
it's my license plate... was out of ideas :D

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
when I was a kid, there was a flying game called Red Baron (WWI fight sim). I became Baron2. Thro different things and unavailability it evolved into baron7700. Its been that for years on everything.

Sides its quite baronial! :) haha.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I got the moniker when I push started my buddies dad's used greyhound bus. I had a jeep with a chevy V8 and warren transmission with about 8 low gears. I won ten bucks for the push start. My buddies dad was heavily into cartoons and at that time, george of the jungle and tom slick, so he started calling me tslick. Got the tag working on cars so it applies.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:D I suffer from low self esteem. It's an ego thing. I'm number :tu:. Seriously, I use 1 (one) in my email address. I have a domain name dz1.com (my two initials). I wanted to keep my email address as short as possible, so I decided to use 1, as in [email protected]. Most forums require at least three digits so I use -1-. It's interesting to see the reasoning behind other members forum names.;)

·
Premium Member
3,047 Posts
i used drakon (combination between dragon and draken, kinda the east meets west thing i guess) for signing onto online games....and then the name got popular and i found it being used by other people, so i had to add the cyber in front of it. i've finally been able to register a domain name though, it's drakon.us... BTW, i also use [email protected] for my emails....hahahha.

poplularity might have come up because of the russian anti-tank missile called a 'drakon'. don't know how THEY came up with the name though...maybe a translation?

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Mine is not creative at all. e=first name, t=middle initial, yu=last name.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
etyu said:
Mine is not creative at all. e=first name, t=middle initial, yu=last name.
Edward Timothy or Edward Thomas? :D

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
V8SLK said:
with all of the new members lately and some less obvious screen names, i'll ask again... what the meaning of your screenname?
:tu: Yup, need more participation. Interesting screen names and what's the reasoning behind them. I've noticed several members listing their first names in their signatures. I've included mine and I think it's a good idea.:)

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
DesignoSLK said:
Edward Timothy or Edward Thomas? :D
e=Eddy (I don't know why dad did this, but it's not Edward or Eddie, just Eddy)
t=Tan (mom's last name, I guess it was an Asian thing then to use mom's last name as the middle name -- c1950's; co-workers say the t=trouble :biglaugh:)

Although I wouldn't mind either: Edward Timothy or Edward Thomas.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
etyu said:
e=Eddy (I don't know why dad did this, but it's not Edward or Eddie, just Eddy)
t=Tan (mom's last name, I guess it was an Asian thing then to use mom's last name as the middle name -- c1950's; co-workers say the t=trouble :biglaugh:)

Although I wouldn't mind either: Edward Timothy or Edward Thomas.
Was your dad an electrical engineer? Hence "Eddy" current? Cool to be original though, yes?

Funny thing about being a parent (I'm not one, but still funny.) They can name a kid anything they want and the kid has nothing to say about it. Frank Zappa comes to mind: Moon Unit, Dweezil, Ahmet, and Diva Muffin. However, I'm certain your Dad's naming you wasn't drug induced...LOL. Although, I'm not asserting Mr. Zappa was into any of that. :rolleyes:

Sorry...a little OT. ;)

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
DesignoSLK said:
Was your dad an electrical engineer? Hence "Eddy" current? Cool to be original though, yes?

Funny thing about being a parent (I'm not one, but still funny.) They can name a kid anything they want and the kid has nothing to say about it. Frank Zappa comes to mind: Moon Unit, Dweezil, Ahmet, and Diva Muffin. However, I'm certain your Dad's naming you wasn't drug induced...LOL. Although, I'm not asserting Mr. Zappa was into any of that. :rolleyes:

Sorry...a little OT. ;)
Dad was a businessman then, now retired, and didn't know English that well. He asked a friend's suggestion (World War II US serviceman) and that's how I got the name. Little did he know that he was to going to get some turbulence (eddy). :biglaugh: Sorry:eek:fftopic:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts