But I'm minded to try something else on my SLK,

Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
On other cars I've used Autoglym leather cleaner

Suggestions?
I recommend these. Easy to use and do a great job.

Attachments

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,846 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm afraid I find the search very poor - using my preferred terms "clean leather seats" returns too many irrelevant threads.

·
Registered
228 Posts
On other cars I've used Autoglym leather cleaner

Suggestions?
I'll throw in a true Swedish tip - a two step cleaner:

ABSORB Leathercare set - IKEA

This product cleans well (dirt must come off, leather chairs, sofas or car seats) and as the reconditioner (leather grease) is neutral in color, it works on dual tone seats.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I used general supermarket leather wipes last year when I got my SLK & the state of the wipes when i finished were, well you wouldn't have wanted to sit on them knowing what was on the seat.

Last month, I bought some Dodo juice & gave them another clean. Bearing in mind the roof has not been down for more than a couple of miles around the block since I last cleaned them, they were filthy.

Now have nice clean seats & I used a leather balsam/conditioner (Renapur) to buff them up provide a barrier. I've used it over the years on shoes, boots & bike leathers as well.

·
Super Moderator
11,036 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
On the theme of cleaning seats, word of warning to the wise:

Be very wary of wearing new/newish blue jeans in your SLK if you have cream leather and the weather is damp or humid [or you sweat a lot:surprise:].

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have used Leatherique for years on all my vehicles with leather seats and other leather interior trim and have been very pleased with the results.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts