Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finding I'm using Microfiber towels for everything from polishing and buffing to finally getting the windows clean with one towel to apply Invisible Glass and the other to buff the glass. The result is an ever growing pile I'm not sure what to do with. How much Turtle Jet Black wax and polish is safe to run through the washing machine without leaving some kind of film that's going to affect the next wash? Or should I just stop being cheap and toss 'em? What are you doing with them?

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,758 Posts
Toss em
They are cheap to buy

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
You can toss them, but there is special microfiber wash soap which you can use. You just have to decide if the cost of the detergent is worth it.
Rick

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
13,785 Posts
We set them aside and use them later for wiping wheels, tires, engine and then toss. I'm at least using it more than once!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A washing machine washes stuff, that's why its not called a dirtying machine...:grin:
I'm no expert in doing wash hence the question, but I do know there are some things not to wash with your clothes like fiberglass curtains and wash loads you don't want to follow like a tie dye job. Just thinking, if the wax resists car washes, it's likely to resist being washed out of towels and could leave layers in the washer, would like to be wrong without having to learn a life lesson. Kinda like that ad where the kid asks dad if he's detailing the car with the kid's tooth brush and dad say's, no it's mom's.

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
Toss em
They are cheap to buy
Really ?

Once used for pampering your cars body work to the point it gets to dirty i then

use them to be used for dirtier jobs then cleaning dirt of alloy to then wiping oil of dipstick to then wiping oil of spilage etc
To the point its so dirty / and soiled its binned .

Never toss a slightly used fibre cloth No no thats a waist .

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
Some of mine get too dirty and they end up being shop towels... and it's absolutely incredible how much oil and junk they can absorb!

others that don't get too dirty the first time get washed.

usually if I'm afraid that I might affect the next load, I wash a couple of old towels first and that usually takes care of anything left over.

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
Some of mine get too dirty and they end up being shop towels... and it's absolutely incredible how much oil and junk they can absorb!

others that don't get too dirty the first time get washed.

usually if I'm afraid that I might affect the next load, I wash a couple of old towels first and that usually takes care of anything left over.
They also get demoted to my Home Cinema 7.1 HD 4K HDR System that so attracts dust like the Plague its unbelivable :grin:

·
Registered
762 Posts
The answer to all your questions about microfiber care. If it is just a cheapy one then I do above and use it for dirty jobs and toss, but I have some much more expensive ones for wiping and drying that I am not going to just toss. I use a special soap on them that won't leave residue like regular detergent.

https://www.autogeek.net/mi101.html

·
Banned
974 Posts
Really ?

Once used for pampering your cars body work to the point it gets to dirty i then

use them to be used for dirtier jobs then cleaning dirt of alloy to then wiping oil of dipstick to then wiping oil of spilage etc
To the point its so dirty / and soiled its binned .

Never toss a slightly used fibre cloth No no thats a waist .
I agree but prefer waste to waist ! :smile:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts