Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.ebay.com/itm/09-11-MERCEDES-BENZ-SLK55-AMG-BUMPER-FRONT-OEM-/370502377251?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year:2009|Model:SLK55+AMG&vxp=mtr&hash=item5643a99f23

do u think this part is legit?

it is "remanufactured"... i believe it means that there was a crack/damage

and they fixed it up

my friend at the body shop told me not to buy a cracked/refurbished bumpers becuz it will crack/bend later when u drive a lot and paint comes off.

iono what do u guys think? new parts cost over $1000 each front,sideskirt, rear... and i dont want to spend that much :/

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
It's a bit hit or miss razr - if they are repaired properly, the repairs are actually stronger than the original material.

·
Registered
500 Posts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/09-11-MERCEDES-BENZ-SLK55-AMG-BUMPER-FRONT-OEM-/370502377251?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2009%7CModel%3ASLK55+AMG&vxp=mtr&hash=item5643a99f23

do u think this part is legit?

it is "remanufactured"... i believe it means that there was a crack/damage

and they fixed it up

my friend at the body shop told me not to buy a cracked/refurbished bumpers becuz it will crack/bend later when u drive a lot and paint comes off.

iono what do u guys think? new parts cost over $1000 each front,sideskirt, rear... and i dont want to spend that much :/

Try www.parts.com, it alot cheaper then dealer and it oem parts. I think the front bumper is around $800.

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,935 Posts
Also your car is a pre-facelift which I believe means that this bumper is not simply a bolt-on. There are foam inserts and other stuff that you have to get. I think this guy (CLICKY!) has done a conversion from pre- to post-facelift on his car and might be able to tell you more about what you need.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm maybe i should check the junk yard before placing an order

at least i can check out the condition at the junk yard before purchasing it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.