Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
What do I need to access and program the ecu?

I saw lots of combination on eBay.

I just need to get the C4 multiplexer, the Xentry software, and install in onto my own laptop, correct?

If not, what do YOU use to program the ecu or what else do I need?

Anyone in Philly have it?

Not sure if posting these pictures are allowed or not, if not, please let me know and I will remove it.

Edit: seems like there is a new program called: Mercedes Vediamo 4.2.2 - engineering software for diagnostics, coding, programming via Star or SDConnect + CBF CFF files (10 GB)

What are those CBF CFF files?

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
That depends what you mean by "programming".

If you want to change variant coding (parameter values), you'd use DAS (older cars) or Vediamo (newer cars), and C4 would be optimal for that.

On the other hand, if you want to do remaps or other software alterations, it'd be more prudent to acquire BDM100 tools and associated software (WinOLS or ECM Titanium).

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That depends what you mean by "programming".

If you want to change variant coding (parameter values), you'd use DAS (older cars) or Vediamo (newer cars), and C4 would be optimal for that.

On the other hand, if you want to do remaps or other software alterations, it'd be more prudent to acquire BDM100 tools and associated software (WinOLS or ECM Titanium).
What exactly do you want to do?
Remapping ecu, scn coding on ecu's, update ecu's?
I want to modify the air fuel ratio.

I want to (planning stage now) to add a super charger on it so I need a way to increase the fuel injector output.

What does SCN coding do?

Thanks both for the replies

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK350
4,400 Posts
That is ecu remap
To read/write the ecu you need ktag and you need to open your ecu for that.
Post a picture with the back of your engine ecu may be i can help you with with original file.
If my file matches your ecu you can use kessv2 to flash wia obd so no need to open your ecu.
To modify the map you need winols or ecm titanium

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is ecu remap
To read/write the ecu you need ktag and you need to open your ecu for that.
Post a picture with the back of your engine ecu may be i can help you with with original file.
If my file matches your ecu you can use kessv2 to flash wia obd so no need to open your ecu.
To modify the map you need winols or ecm titanium
Please see attached.
Wouldn't the parameters be different with difference in air intake rate?

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK350
4,400 Posts
Yes, mine file will work on your ecu.
This is the base map that the car came from the factory ( Bosch 0 261 209 015 ).
In order to remap and checksum ( change any parameters, afr, delete lambdas, modify injection,part throttle, full throttle, spark advance, torque limiter etc) you need the base map from the car widout the base map you can't do anything.
The ecu me9.7 can't be read to obtain the base map only on the bench you need to open the ecu and read it. It will save you the horror of opening the ecu.

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, mine file will work on your ecu.
This is the base map that the car came from the factory ( Bosch 0 261 209 015 ).
In order to remap and checksum ( change any parameters, afr, delete lambdas, modify injection,part throttle, full throttle, spark advance, torque limiter etc) you need the base map from the car widout the base map you can't do anything.
The ecu me9.7 can't be read to obtain the base map only on the bench you need to open the ecu and read it. It will save you the horror of opening the ecu.

Cool, that's good to know, this will definitely be helpful having that.

I could reply to your pm as it exceeded my limited.

I didn't realize there is so much to do before I can even start playing with the ecu.

Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts