Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
13481 - 13500 of 13522 Posts

· *Premium Member
2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
19,448 Posts
Of course, not a spring, oh no, I am of the replace as pair lineage on cars like this.
Keeps ride even, which saves putting stress on the other spring.
If one bad the the other may have months, years, but why risk it on a sports car.
For the sake of money/safety I'd rather do it now.
Only way to go Myk. I too am of the opinion that if one side goes replace both sides, it's safer and cheaper in the long run (y)

Had to laugh at "Breaks Tonka toys that lass." :LOL:

· *Administrator (Premium Member)
44,644 Posts
Only way to go Myk. I too am of the opinion that if one side goes replace both sides, it's safer and cheaper in the long run (y)

Might not on an older, normal use car (eg Murano), but anything sporty it is a must for me.

Remember bike mates only doing one side and then finding imbalance when 'making progress' in the bends.

44,644 Posts
Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber Wood Auto part

grr!

luckily handling felt ok, until I drove it just now.
Subtle but feelable difference in town.

good to have her back.
Thumbs up to Ellesmere Port service centre.

Now to program them with DAS.
DAS lass needs to reimburse me!

· **Registered 2009 SLK200K - From Kent, UK
6,412 Posts

So if you replace one side only and the new one breaks 2 years later but the old one is still going strong ? 😎😎

44,644 Posts
So if you replace one side only and the new one breaks 2 years later but the old one is still going strong ? 😎😎
Depends on car, driving style and if you find more potholes on one side (nearside usually).

Peace of mind on a sports car. Especially with a blue badge holder who likes to drive down remote lanes.

44,644 Posts

· *Registered
1,291 Posts
Had to start it up, as is parked for the cold months (summer tires all over) and saw too much of a moisture on the front windshield, decided to check the battery too and saw this:
Door Wood Fixture Automotive tire Grey
Door Automotive tire Wood Tire Fixture

The multi-meterS measured 14.42V and 14.38V with A/C on and fan on MAX. AmpClamp said 4.07 Amps.
Battery was fitted in Aug 2020 and never taken off the car for charging/checking... But up untill this winter, it has never been taken off the road and driven in the gated front drive of mine... So charging the old battery tonight (it holds 12.35 after 1 hour on Black&Decker power drill, but to be sure), swapping the batteries tomorrow after work and charging the "new" one overnight. Hoping the green ring will show up!

44,644 Posts
Last night
Car Vehicle Plant Automotive lighting Hood

It snowed after that.
So, thawed the car, did my daily walk and thought I'd head for Wales.

Then brain kicked in.
Checked forecast and 15 cm snow due today on high ground.
That is not a bother so much, but I know they'll be gritting during in daylight, I just don't fancy all that salt.

All is not lost.
Taking a mate for brekky in Wales tomorrow morning, so salt be damned...tomorrow!

· *Registered
1,291 Posts
Last night
View attachment 623431

It snowed after that.
So, thawed the car, did my daily walk and thought I'd head for Wales.

Then brain kicked in.
Checked forecast and 15 cm snow due today on high ground.
That is not a bother so much, but I know they'll be gritting during in daylight, I just don't fancy all that salt.

All is not lost.
Taking a mate for brekky in Wales tomorrow morning, so salt be damned...tomorrow!
This morning I saw DaDude frosted as never. Surely he's seen and been under snow, but...and the only thing that came on my mind was...why the #@"!*[email protected] you didn't swap the batteries...
And the answer was ready before the end of question, of course...as you are lazy a#@&"[email protected] who did not charge the old one on time, that's why!
So tonight's special looks like that!
Gas Machine Wire Cable Auto part

12.56 before, recognised as 12.4 on the charger and looking at the charger it fluctuates between 12.9 and 13.2 volts.
Will see in the morning!

· *Registered
2010 SLK55 AMG
2,521 Posts
Don't know yet, it's a multi-day jobb.. Hopefully they'll call today for me to pick it up. But it'll take me 2-3 hours to get there on bus and trains, so depending on when they call, I might have to wait till tomorrow to pick it up..

I'm a bit anxious, I must say. I'm hoping it won't be to much yellow!

44,644 Posts
So, brekky day...except it was shut!
Too much snow, but didn't know until we got there.
Wheel Tire Sky Car Snow

Weirdest BMW kill story en route.
Came to staggered set of lights, BMW slipped, stopped and got passed. Only to find an oncoming car spinning wheels trying to get up the hill towards us, with another saloon trying to cross the lights in front of us, also lighting up the tyres.

Might not have got a Ponderosa Brekky, but stopped for a few pics of the marvellous scenery.
Couldn't stop at Pondy itself as BM numpty decided to try for a moving pass, in snow, before finding the seat was getting stained and pinch marked.

Automotive parking light Land vehicle Wheel Car Vehicle

Cloud Sky Vehicle Mountain Snow

Cloud Sky Snow Slope Plant

Wheel Sky Tire Vehicle Car

Cloud Sky Snow Natural landscape Slope

Cloud Sky Atmosphere Snow Natural landscape

Sky Cloud Snow Natural landscape Slope

The observant may have noticed that the side for oncoming cars was relatively good.
Our side, next to the unguarded and sheer drop, was not.
Deep fun.

Cloud Sky Snow Mountain Slope

The 55 was impressive.
A couple of light up moments but only one which developed into a bit of a slide.
Yep, at those lights. But of the 4 cars, the 55 slipped the least of all and moved off nicely (Yes, C).

13481 - 13500 of 13522 Posts