Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
12741 - 12760 of 12819 Posts

·
*Premium Member
2013 SLK55 AMG
496 Posts
Gave the girl a good thorough cleaning after she was my daily driver for the last 3 months. Cleaned all the seals and used Krytox on them for the first time - impressed so far. Got to use a new wheel woolie for cleaning. Now she is all tucked up on trickle charge and hibernating.
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Wheel
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
17,999 Posts
Gave the girl a good thorough cleaning after she was my daily driver for the last 3 months. Cleaned all the seals and used Krytox on them for the first time - impressed so far. Got to use a new wheel woolie for cleaning. Now she is all tucked up on trickle charge and hibernating.
Great job Ged! She sure cleans up well. Looks great! (y)

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
17,999 Posts
Discovered that Mabel has a brake wear warning light yesterday :eek: so booked her in to my indie to get them sorted. They are also going to address a couple of brake pipes that need replacing, due to corrosion, and also track and fix the leak she has from the screen wash system.

·
*Registered
2011 SLK350
24 Posts
I have to ask...how have you managed to keep the under body so clean?
Car only had 14000 miles on clock when I acquired it 12 months ago and was previously only used in summer on dry roads. It was a bit dusty underneath but easy to clean. I only use it in a similar way to previous owner as I have other daily vehicles so it stays pretty pristine underneath.

·
*Registered
2011 SLK350
24 Posts
Car only had 14000 miles on clock when I acquired it 12 months ago and was previously only used in summer on dry roads. It was a bit dusty underneath but easy to clean. I only use it in a similar way to previous owner as I have other daily vehicles so it stays pretty pristine underneath.
Also injected Dinitrol into subframe voids and a few other areas......
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bicycle part Automotive design

12741 - 12760 of 12819 Posts